Pubs with a room to rent out for a party?

Hi guys!

Am looking for a decent pub (or a venue that sells drink)s, with a room that they can rent out. It's for a party next summer (late July/early August). Needs to be reasonably inexpensive but nice!

Any recommendations? Any horror stories?

Cheers!

Many pubs with rooms will offer the room free of charge for events these days so it is worth looking around really what part of the city were you thinking

Hey Bob, thanks! I didn't know that. I live up in Woodseats, but would look at anything fairly central or on that side of town, not too studenty, preferably with a few real ales on tap and some whisky behind the bar! :)

You could try the red deer, it is just off west street so very central. Its an Ale pub, they keep their ale well, recently doubled his Whisky selection - some great single malts available.

It does get a lot of people in from the nearby engineering department at the uni but more staff and postgrads so probably doesn't feel too 'studenty' .

They have a function room upstairs, it is a bit small so it depends on how many people you are expecting. They say it holds 40 but 20-30 would be more comfortable up there I think.

Its free to book anyway and pretty nice.

http://www.red-deer-sheffield.co.uk/

Edited by hellfleet
grammar gremlin

might be worth ringing the new pub, its called something like the Ale House on Fraser Rd at Woodseats, it used to do functions and now it sells real ale

other than that we've used the Big Tree for family parties room is free but its upstairs, and the transport ground at Meadowhead is good and big. Also in S8 is the Norton House Country Club on Norton Lane it has a lovely big function room and bar but not sure if you need to be a member for that one?

Cross Scythes on Derbyshire lane do a free room for parties, not that large though but ok.

Farm rd club just behind McDonald's on granville rd

The few I know are.

The mail bridge tavern (malin bridge) [fair size with stage, drinks prices are about average]

The red deer (town centre) [nice pub, think I saw advertising for function room in there but nr sure how big, pubs only a Small place]

Ponds forge (town centr) [a number d function rooms, average drink prices, I think most have a bar available)

Hey Bob, thanks! I didn't know that. I live up in Woodseats, but would look at anything fairly central or on that side of town, not too studenty, preferably with a few real ales on tap and some whisky behind the bar! :)

If you live at woodseats do you know where Laycock sports club is?(on Archer Road Nr sainsbury's)they have a large concert room for use just join as a member around £12 for the year no charge for the room £50 deposit refundable if no damage.Cheap drinks.Use of the grounds outside sit out if its nice.Resident DJ for hire £40 Bouncy castle for the kids call in and have a chat with Dianne or Yvonne behind the bar.

They have a website aswell just google 'laycock sports club' and have a look.

Edited by adenuf

About 12 years ago we had a do for Mum's 50th at The Office in Upperthorpe, good venue, drinks aren't too pricey as I recall, they have a website which will be on Google.

Players Lounge Ecclesfield