Has anyone dined at the Hilton Victoria Quays?

Hi,

Could anyone tell me anything about their experience of dining at Hilton Victoria Quays, esp. sunday lunch?

I ate there around a year ago, in the evening. The food was reasonable, but nothing memorable. The service was excellent; very friendly and helpful without being intrusive.

Ate there twice for work, both times pleasant hotel standard food - nothing amazing, but certainly nothing revolting either... Fine if staying at the hotel and not bothered about rooting out a restaurant in the city centre...

Thank you, what about the service?

no but my family has, they said it was really nice but very pricey

Why would anyone go and visit a hilton hotel with the purpose of dining there, if they weren't residents or there for some kind of function?

I have eaten there when I've been on business. What can I say? It's just very basic, ordinary, perfectly acceptable, unremarkable, typical hotel food. I'd never dream of making a special effort to go there to dine.

Are you trying to do a bit of free market research here or is it a genuine question? If it's the former then, to be honest, the responses on here won't give you any objective feedback to form conclusions on. If it's the latter then I'm just puzzled as to why anyone would even be considering it, given that it's just a boring chain hotel with no reputation for good food at all - just standard hotel fare.

Now, if you ever go to Sri Lanka and want fine dining in the capital, Colombo, then the Spices restaurant at the Hilton hotel there is the top place in town. But that's because there's really not much else.

I just wonder what the motive is behind your question really?

Had Sunday lunch there and would not try again. Went to a function and the hot buffet was OK.

I got married there 6 years ago an the food was awesome .....

BUT ....

We went back this year for an anniversary dinner with friends and, while the food was delicious .... a mouse ran across the floor!

The waitress was incredibly apologetic but I wouldn't have stayed if we hadn't nearly finished :gag: