What Primary School Did you go to?

went to hartley brook. left in 69 went on to firth park comp.

Went to Beck Road, left in1960 and went to Hatfield house Lane Secondary Modern School.

I went to a primary school where I was taught to ask 'which' when confronted with a choice! :hihi:

Abbeydale Junior and Infant School and very good it was too, at the time. Mr Richard Potts was the BEST teacher, he took no prisoners, called a spade a spade and he was very entertaining. And darned good looking too! I can still remember his car registration number as it was a private plate, and I'm sure I'll see him around one day. He was the best, and I know heaps of other kids in my class feel the same way.

Wow! When I saw this thread I thought yeah, Mr Potts was my favourite primary school teacher, then I saw your post :), he was a great teacher & demanded respect from us all, he got it too :) I used to love how kids would squirm when he turned his 'angry eyes' on them though :hihi:

but I honestly thought that I would be the only one that would remember his private reg after all these years! :o

Edited by CrazyLady!
missed a bit

I went to Bradway County Junior School until 1968

I remember Miss Bedford (my teacher in the 4th year)

Miss Wright (walked with a limp)

Mr Strange

and a teacher we called " pop mental" ... can't remember his real name, but his teaching methods included throwing chalk and blackboard rubbers at anyone caught misbehaving

Ah.... the good old days

I went to Warren Junior and Infant school..a great little school.

Mr Housden the headteacher was fab although I remember thinking how ancient he was..Mrs Batty, Mrs Guest, Mrs Walker.

Had some great times especially in our 'mobile' classroom with Mrs Guest.

Sadly no longer there.

I remember these teachers at Warren too. Mrs Batty was my favourite. I remember being terrified of Mrs Guests classroom cos other kids said Grey lady lived under the steps!

Sharrow Lane, 1951 to 1958. Teachers in succesion. Mrs Woodger, Mrs Goodfellow, Miss Hare,

Mr Furniss who is still alive and lives near me, Mrs Pearson, Mr Self ( left to be replaced by Mr Wild ) and Mr Foster, head teacher was Mr Davis.

Now why after 50 years plus can I remember the reg no of Mr Fosters black Ford Popular

GTR 251

rainbow forge ,miss cantor ,mr atkinson, mrs quash , miss muir to name a few

I am 57 now went to St Marys RC high green remember Sr Mary Bernadette she used to love slapping you on your bare legs also remember lovely Fr Delany and if i remember rightly the headmistress Miss Smith nicknamed Beaky but can't remember why!

Went to westways, Mr Hitchman fantastic teachers, gave me my love of animals, happy days....

I went to a primary school where I was taught to ask 'which' when confronted with a choice! :hihi:

But the school you went to isn't a choice, it's a fact...