What Primary School Did you go to?

Such an unusual name, which certainly rings a bell, though I can't put faces to their names. Some contemporaries of mine...

Steve Squires, Steve Flynn, Neil Bishop, Malcolm Gregg, Ian Caterer, Wendy Shaw, Lynn Rodgers.

Such an unusual name, which certainly rings a bell, though I can't put faces to their names. Some contemporaries of mine...

Steve Squires, Steve Flynn, Neil Bishop, Malcolm Gregg, Ian Caterer, Wendy Shaw, Lynn Rodgers.

No problem, just wondered if you knew them. They used to live on Woodbourne Rd, went to that school about the same time as you and later on to Waltheof.

I'm related to them.

Pomona street then on to Greystones sec. mod. teachers I remember were Mrs Havenhand, Mr Turley, Mr Morris, Miss Hornsey and a few more

I went to Pomona Street then Greystones, my name was Vera Hardwick I remember all of the above named teachers:)

Any one use to go to southey green school in the 50s and 60s please reply back

thank you

I went to Southey Green from Lindsay Road.

Started Southey 1957 Left 1961

Teachers were Pop Kay Headmaster, Miss Marshall, Mrs Carr, Ms Rowley, Mr Hedley, Miss Waight (Music) Mr cooper, Mr Cawthorne, Miss Needle, and not forgetting Boris (Science)

I went to Pomona Street then Greystones, my name was Vera Hardwick I remember all of the above named teachers:)

I also went to these schools in the late 50s- early 60s and remember all these teachers including mr Murry, mr Hughes and Mrs Havenhand. My name then was Sheila Smith

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2010 at 04:59, all grown up said:

I went to Shortbrook.It was nice in those days believe it or not!!!!!!

I remember Mr Elliot,i still see him about now 25 yrs later (he was my fave).Mr Kay was the headteacher.There was Mr Gibbs,Mrs Attack,Mr Rodgers,Miss Harris,Miss Cottingham and Miss Haddon??? The one who used to have the motor bike!

I have very fond memories of going to Thornbridge Hall, once for the weekend and once for a week with Shortbrook.

IMO its a ****hole now.I had the option of sending my daughter there but opted for somewhere else!!!

In the primary was Mrs Haydon,Mrs Platts,Mrs Blackburn,Mrs Broadhead,and Mrs Pie.

Me too, all those teachers are remembered, must have been around the same time?  I was at Shortbrook First and Middle 1979-1987

I went to Meersbrook Bank in the 60s and 70s. From there to Newfield Comp. Mr Ellis was the head at Meersbrook. Favourite teacher was Mrs Dowse. I went to fetch a football one dinner time, that had been kicked over the school wall. Was caught by Mr Pope on playground duty. Had to go to his room before registration. He gave me three good whacks with an enormous slipper, in front of his whole class. It hurt so much I nearly peed myself. Was 7 at the time. My name's Nicholas,  Nic Tivey.  Good old days. Anyone else remember Meersbrook bank?

Oughtibridge - On Church Street?  My only real memory of that was the dreaded grey dentist caravan being on the drive

St Thomas More Creswick Lane - Again, not many memories other than Sister Veronica beating us with hot wheels track and always fighting with a lad called Andrew Cowley...I wonder how Andy is, I hope all's well with him.

All between the late 60s and early 70s. I don't know how it is now but we moved to secondary at 11 years old.

Lydgate Lane, Crosspool, 1947-1954. Had a great time there.  Mr Savile taught us for the last 2 years and got me through to King Teds.

Went to Abbey Lane infant school 1945 - 1951 when you were told what to do and heaven help you if you disobeyed not like now but it made you show respect and was a lesson well learnt for later life 

I went to Philimore  road  primary school in the early 1950's

Birley primary '75 to '81. Favourite teacher Miss Senior then became Mrs Allen. Lovely teacher always had time for me at school.