What Primary School Did you go to?

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I went to Shooters Grove 1965 - 1969, favourite teacher was Mr Hall and who could forget Mrs Woofitt (headmistress)?
Mrs Wooffitt wax the head at Hartley Brook Promary when I was there in the 60s

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 21:39 ----------

I started at Duchess road,then Lowfields and on to Hartley Brook.

Malin Bridge - a lovely school. I started the Infants' School in 1953 just before the Coronation. I was firstly in Miss Peaker's reception class, then into Miss Wright's class and lastly Miss Birch's. In the Junior School, I had Mrs Potter for two years, then Mr Hawley for 2 years. I liked all my teachers, they did a wonderful job with the huge baby boom classes of the post-war years.

When Malin Bridge held its centenary celebrations some years ago, they had all the school registers going back to when the school first opened and I was able to find my mum and her brothers and sister listed in the 1920s registers.

Pomona street, then Mundella or Norton County as it was known in the fifties.

I was at Pomona Street in 50s then on to Greystones

I was at Pomona Street in 50s then on to Greystones

I was there for two years,1952-54. We lived at 92 Ecclesall Road.

Dronfield Infant and Junior School, School Lane. 1963 to 1969. Favourite teacher - Miss Newbold (later Ms Sheldon). Had her in the final year. Least favourite - Mr Winsor. Luckily, only had him for woodwork and football. He was obsessed with slippering pupils.

I started at Duchess Road school in 1936 and went there until the night of 13th Dec 1940 my sister and Myself came out of the cellar at 161 Leadmill Road to find the school roof collapsing, I do recall the names of a few teachers

Miss Dungworth was headmistress (She used to play the Cello to us) I would have rather had the cane, then there was a Miss Towell and Miss Balance.

I also remember some names of pupils that were in the same class Lewis Bell, John Strickland, and a Friend Douglas Millward who went on to play football for Southampton and Ipswich.

Gordon England

Nice to see Dougie Millward's name mentioned.....a very good footballer.....I was his brother Pete's apprentice at the YEB for a couple of years. They lived just above Granville College in those days.

I have a good friend who I believe attended Duchess Rd School his name is James Christopher May (Jim May) he was a good swimmer in his youth.

I was there for two years,1952-54. We lived at 92 Ecclesall Road.

that must have been towards the bottom, if my memory serves there was a butchers near there. I lived at 132 at the back of the Fireplace shop and Star sweet shop from 1947-1962, at Pomona street from 1952-58

that must have been towards the bottom, if my memory serves there was a butchers near there. I lived at 132 at the back of the Fireplace shop and Star sweet shop from 1947-1962, at Pomona street from 1952-58

That's right, the butchers was called Daniels, We lived next door.

My mother had the hairdressers shop.

Crookesmoor 1954 to 1961