What Primary School Did you go to?

New to the forum,i went to loxley primary school 1950-1956, teachers, Mrs Wadham?Mrs,Hutchinson Miss Wall Mrs Glenn, Headmaster Mr Slack, i could look into my kitchen window from my classroom.Then went on to Bradfield secondary school.

I remember those teachers also Mr Chapman, Mr Beever,Miss Schora cookery teacher,I came from Worall to Loxley in 1951 till 1955 left then left, Bradfield opened about 1956-57.you must have been there at the same time as me, still see people from school.

went to St swithans, Winchester , Then Totley church of England school , Mr green was my teacher there were 8 in that class , I then moved to greenhill school in to Mr Collinsons, miss rotherforths and Mrs Woofit was the head of the school , My favourite Teacher was Miss Maynard she taught french and told us loads of stories , she had been in Singapore during the second world war.

I remember those teachers also Mr Chapman, Mr Beever,Miss Schora cookery teacher,I came from Worall to Loxley in 1951 till 1955 left then left, Bradfield opened about 1956-57.you must have been there at the same time as me, still see people from school.

Yes we definitely were there at the same time,i remember all those names,but i haven't seen anyone from school in years.I lived on Normandale Avenue opposite the school.

I remember the name very well but i just can't put a face to it,what were your friends names my name is Carol Glossop (was)

Tony Jackson,Richard Walker,Tony Guest,Murray Smith,Margaret Lunn,Wendy Bills,Margaret Wood,Mona Oldfield,Hilda Hollingworth, to name a few,rember Elliots on Normandale Ave and Baldwins, do you still live in the area I live in W/Side.

Ecclesfield Infants and Juniors

Pomona street, then Mundella or Norton County as it was known in the fifties.

Yes i remember most of those names i think they were a year or two above me,the elliots lived next door, and doreen and doris hollingsworth lived below,alan was mona's brother in my year,i knew glenis baldwin very well but couple of years older than me,I left Loxley 1968, now live in Derbyshire.

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 19:53 ----------

Did you know my brother Michael?

Dont think so name seems familiar,knew Glossop family from Stannington I worked for Wigfalls and used to repair domestic appliances Glossop and Wraggs on think Greaves Lne, or Cliffe Rd.

Yes there were a lot of Glossops in stannington my father lived on cliffe road when he was young,(popT) has been tracing the glossop family on the forum,a lot of reading!

they are my ancestors,

Edited by cazzy45