Sheffield's Best Kebab House Megathread

Elif by far the best - the only place i'd have a kebab sober!

The spicy 'roast' potatoes some of the kebab shops do are amazing- those stodgy chunks..not wedges! Anyone know where I could buy a bag of frozen? :love:

I'm no expert on kebab shops but I noticed the Greek place just off Hunter's Bar on Sharrow Vale road does authentic looking Gypros and Kebabs and the like.

I think you either mean γύρος (that's not a p, it's an r) or gy pos (need a space as apparently it's an obscenity). If the second, how authentic looking are they? Irish or Romani?

I really like the kebabs from Sanco's on buchanon rd, both donner and sish are lovely, and they put you the sauces in seperate pots so it's not overloaded

Sancos do best kebabs round s5.

Istanbul in the city centre is amazing!

If you mean kebab Istanbul on the corner across from Henry's, it's been closed for months

If you mean kebab Istanbul on the corner across from Henry's, it's been closed for months

I believe it was Istanbul on West Street, opposite the Tesco, that was being referred to above.

Although its not in Sheffield, Its in Parkgate, Rotherham. I think Anglo Saxon is the best. proper lamb & not the mixed up rubbish. Nothing I have got from them has been a disappointment!

tried a few of these and still think just halal kebabs is the best for kebabs, their donner meat is proper meat and not that crappy rubber stuff you get from most places!

tried a few of these and still think just halal kebabs is the best for kebabs, their donner meat is proper meat and not that crappy rubber stuff you get from most places!

You tried Shahi Kebabs on Spital hill? They make their own donner meat in house...

You tried Shahi Kebabs on Spital hill? They make their own donner meat in house...

I have heard its very greasy and oily and the portions are crap and spital hill is the last place i would eat from lol

just halal kebabs make their own donner too and theirs isn't greasy, which is a big plus :)