Sheffield's Best Kebab House Megathread

By "Kebab shop" I take it you mean take aways so not counting Zeugma.

I don't really eat doner meat so below are my favourites for Chicken Shish, Kofte, Shawarma, Seekh, Tikka etc

Indian - Zaika at Attercliffe or Kebabish Original off Sharrow Lane

European & Middle Eastern - Elif on Ecclesall Road or Al-Zahir on Carlisle Street

i don't know the name of it but its a late night take away near to Embrace and the lions lair, on the corner next to the Grosevener, oh my goodness, garlic mayo hmmmmmmmmm

I really like the kebabs from Sanco's on buchanon rd, both donner and sish are lovely, and they put you the sauces in seperate pots so it's not overloaded

i don't know the name of it but its a late night take away near to Embrace and the lions lair, on the corner next to the Grosevener, oh my goodness, garlic mayo hmmmmmmmmm

Kebab Istanbul.

Taste of Kashmir's kebabs (Crookesmoor) are awesomely tasty. I don't know/want to know about their hygiene or real quality, but they are tasty and have never made me or my mates ill, so that's good enough for now :P

Also, if you want a genuine good kebab full of good stuff, go for a Greek style one at the Greedy Greek (one near Brocco Bank roundabout, one near Primark in town). Don't expect doner meat and grease, just expect a damn fine wrap.

For greed alone, probably Sheffields biggest kebab its gotta be the Big T Special £7.50 from KPC tandoori at Frechville.. Feeds 4 very hungry people... Or just one really fat chuff !! :roll: Well recomended .. :D

Woodseats Kebab House, my fave I go for the chicken and shish not donner, also good is Elif on Eccy Road.

Plus Kebabish on bottom of London Road

there is quite a difference between mediterranean kebabs and middle eastern ones, and if you find a good one of either you are gonna love it.

my all time fave is in london, eddie's fish bar round the back of kings X a true experience....

To resurrect a very old thread ...

In my experience sheffield doesnt really have that many good 'kebab houses'. They tend to pale in comparison with some I've found in Bradford and Birmingham.

But anyway, out of what we do have :

Just Halal - last time i went was a couple of years ago. It was overpriced for what it is, but unless things have changed, they make and spice their own donner. Whenever I've gone in there its always been empty!!! Perhaps because its opposite Imrans and most people tend to go there, and also because the place is over priced.

Imran's on the Wicker - probably the most well known of the chicken and chips places in Sheffield. Quality good and they do dollop a lot of cr@p on for your money. Try the Special Number 1 and 2's. You'd have to be a real fatty to finish the bigger portions. I personally rarely go there now, but when I do , I prefer the KFC style chicken burger.

Kebabish London Rd - from what I can tell under new management (though could be wrong). Not tried the donner's or chicken donner, but the 'tikka kebab' (grilled chicken or lamb) is alright.

Kebabish Wicker: part of a UK franchise. Not very generous on portions compared to other places, but generally OK, especially the grilled whole chicken. Other Kebabish franchises especially the London and Birmingham ones are much better. Seems to be busy whenever I've been there.

I really want to try a genuine Turkish place, so I am tempted to try Elif's. Anyone know if it is Halal?

I've found Imran's to be consistently tasty every time I've been.

Kebabish London road is a bit of an institution for me - always ended up being my place of choice in my student days.

Kebabish Wicker, I've only been once but thought it a bit "meh".

Elif's is great, don't know if it's Halal tho.

Spicey Bites Special.

I totally agree, but it could get an extra kick from a shami and sheek kebab in it.