Sheffield Athlete URGENTLY needs help

HI Guys, it is Wednesday and by now I was hoping to be able to say that we had made the money. We are down to 640, I am going to text Farrel today to see if he has had anymore offered via email, but I am now very seriously concerned about this, he had to book the flight and pay the entry fee by yesterday, it really looks now like his dream of 2012 is coming to an end. I really dont want to be the one to tell him this either.

GUYS !!!! He did it, he is going to Argentina, what a story this is huh.

He also won a Bronze medal yesterday, beating the number one seed !!!!

Argentina, watch out, Farrel is coming with London on his mind !!!

Email from the main man last night - He sends his love and appreciation to all of you for the support and donations, it is because of you all and many others that he is flying to Argentina tomorrow and maintaining his goal of 2012 !

Hi All

alko27, sorry I am late replying.

Sadly it didnt go great for Farrel in Argentina, he didn't make the rating and therefore will not be going to 2012.

What would have happened had he not had all the pre torney stress I dont know, but I do know that he gave it everything and in the end you have to be content with that.

Personally I am very proud of his achievements, he is so dissapointed at the outcome but he did all he could do to get there and he knows that.

Thanks again for all the support you guys gave him.

Hi All

alko27, sorry I am late replying.

Sadly it didnt go great for Farrel in Argentina, he didn't make the rating and therefore will not be going to 2012.

What would have happened had he not had all the pre torney stress I dont know, but I do know that he gave it everything and in the end you have to be content with that.

Personally I am very proud of his achievements, he is so dissapointed at the outcome but he did all he could do to get there and he knows that.

Thanks again for all the support you guys gave him.

well done to him for trying!

Ill pass that onto him hon thanks x

A PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM FARREL

Dear All

Ref Argentina Journey - Conclusion

Please accept my apologies in firstly for my delay in sending this out and secondly for not sendind individual responses my typing skills are that good it would take until next xmas to complete .

I landed back in the UK on the 12th Dec Stayed with My Bro in Luton for couple of days and then probably had the longest day travelling back to Sheffield .

So I went to Argentina open Still with the possibility of claiming a qualifying spot ,I knew what I had to do and my form was good having just claimed the bronze medal in the Korean open just a few days before .

Alas I only reached the 1/4finals of both the singles and team events which was not enoughto secure qualification for 2012 . Im gutted I didnt make it, and although I still have mixed emotions I gave it my best shot and it just wasn't good enough this time .

After having a few days to chill etc , I had a TV interview to conclude a series of interviews that has been charting my journey to to qualify to the 2012 London Paralympic games .

I Cant at this stage really put into words the way I really feel .

If you can imagine any goal you have set yourself to achieve and you didn't make it and you gave it your best and it wasn't good enough . Think of all the things you thought about in the days to follow and the way you felt , and you were probably where I am now .

When I started on this journey to qualify for 2012 , I knew the challenge would be tough . Qualifying for a major tournament is never easy but I never stopped believing would qualify for 2012 .I also always said that regardless of the outcome ,that I wanted to complete the journey give it my best shot and accept the outcome .

Im happy I was able to complete to journey and yeap the outcome is not the one I expected I always believed I would qualify . Now I have to reflect and move on .

I Can say that accepting this outcome is harder than I anticipated .

Sometimes we all fall a little short of where we want to be , and it hurts no matter what the challenge . Its easy to highlight the negatives and dismiss the positives as a little cameo especially when you give it your best , I'm proud of what I achieved in this qualifying campaign and have some great triumphs to reflect on .

I would like to thank you all so much for your support and contributions towards helping me complete my journey . I am so grateful and appreciate your kind gestures .

The BBC Programme goes out on the 23/1/2012 . Please tune in if you can , if nothing else it will be Interesting. I Look fantastic .

Have a wonderful festive period and an excellent 2012 .

best wishes

Farrel

if he doesnt get this money, the dream is over.

To be fair, we all have dreams that we couldn't do because we didn't have enough money lol

Hi there

Anyone knows the latest news about Farrel? Is he all right? :)