Jewellers buying for value of stones, not just scrap gold??

Does anyone know of a jewellers in Sheffield that is buying pieces of jewellery for their core value rather than just their scrap gold value?

I have an old ruby and diamond gold ring that I would not like to sell but unfortunately times are hard, an therefore as it is a special family piece I want to get the actual value for it.

Hi Nat

Did you find anywhere? Would be interested to know myself

cheers

Someone has suggested I try a place between Argos and the pound shop on angel street but I haven't had chance to go yet.

UK Bullion on Ecclesall Road

x

i think they will only give you scrap value though.....well thats what they told me when i took in a ring

yeah i've read mixed (generally negative) reports about uk bullion

Does anyone know of a jewellers in Sheffield that is buying pieces of jewellery for their core value rather than just their scrap gold value?

I have an old ruby and diamond gold ring that I would not like to sell but unfortunately times are hard, an therefore as it is a special family piece I want to get the actual value for it.

HL Brown have a small number of quality second hand pieces for sale - no idea what they pay, as obviously they need a tidy mark up to make it worth their while...

PA Jewellery. (Commonside, Walkley) Also i got a good price bout 3 years ago from HL Brown, if thats still going in town

What percentage of the gold price do these people pay? You would expect 5% under to be about the best deal you could find.

HL Brown have a small number of quality second hand pieces for sale - no idea what they pay, as obviously they need a tidy mark up to make it worth their while...

Most jewellers only pay the scrap value of the gold, and nothing for the value of the stones, whether they melt the gold down, or as you often see, the rings being placed on sale at crazy mark-ups. I know that a couple of weeks ago, herbert brown, near the moor, only wanted to pay a friend the £89 scrap gold price for an 18Kt gold ring, quality, well-set, worth nearly £1,000, with three lovely stones; 3 decent diamonds and a sapphire.

Most jewellers only pay the scrap value of the gold, and nothing for the value of the stones, whether they melt the gold down, or as you often see, the rings being placed on sale at crazy mark-ups. I know that a couple of weeks ago, herbert brown, near the moor, only wanted to pay a friend the £89 scrap gold price for an 18Kt gold ring, quality, well-set, worth nearly £1,000, with three lovely stones; 3 decent diamonds and a sapphire.

Do Herbert Brown sell the rings on again whole? When a jeweller has rings etc for sale which are of interest and quite old the buyer is charged for the lot, so the stones (assuming they're good) are sold on with the piece...