Riderless Horse

Hiya, On Saturday dinnertime i witnessed a saddled horse without a rider trotting up Loxley road with a staffy dog following,just wondering if anyone can shed any light, i'm hoping the rider,horse & dog are all ok. I know the police were called.

Shanks

I was driving and was waiting behind a bus at the stop at the bottom of Stannington Road and saw the horse and two dogs run down the pavement towards Malin Bridge quickly followed by the rider (a young woman) and a chap.

Hope horse and rider got reunited without any harm coming to anyone.

)_____________________

Edited by littleemz

Thanks for the update littleemz

I hope the he makes a full recovery.

Hi emz, I and my partner are concerned to hear how he's doing, are his tendons OK? ( we ran up from ours just after the dog got stopped from attacking him)

Edited to add. Also do you know what happened with the dogs? I finished guard duty to make sure the owner didn't leg it when the copper finally turned up but he just seemed to take some details and let the owner and dogs go one of which was pretty clearly a banned type (pit bull).

Edited by andygardener

Edited by littleemz

Maybe a warning to all that horses can be unpredictable and can be dangerous.

The horse doesn't seem to be the unpredictable and dangerous party in this instance.

The horse doesn't seem to be the unpredictable and dangerous party in this instance.

The horse very much wasn't and the bloody dogs very much were, once rescued he was an absolute little sweetheart especially given the ordeal he had been through of being constanty attacked for about 4 miles. However I think what emz meant in her post was to treat horses with caution if you have dogs, a motor vehicle etc near them, ie please use common sense and realise they are prey animals and can be spooked easilly so wide and slow is a good way to pass them and definately keep dogs ona lead, in this case that was not the issue it was two attack dogs trying to kill a horse thanks to the vacuous owner not having one on a lead and not being able to keep hold of the others lead as I understand it.

A friend of mine was involved in a similar attack a few years ago whilst riding in Rivelin valley. Fortunately she managed to outpace the dogs (2 Staffies) although the horse was clearly spooked and has been frightened of dogs ever since.

There's no reason for owning dogs like this ... they're quite obviously dangerous and their owners should be ashamed of themselves and prosecuted in instances like this.

Hope the horse in question is OK.

Really glad to hear horse & rider are going to be ok,dogs are not the problem,some dog owners are the problem!!

Thats absolutely awful, hope horse and rider are ok XX

Really glad to hear horse & rider are going to be ok,dogs are not the problem,some dog owners are the problem!!

totally agree:)