Chapman brown club turn

yes thats the one i used to read in the 60s dont think its available now checked back numbers they are expensive.

I saw Chapman Brown at the Bellhouse Road WMC around 1974. I forget what most of his (hilarious) act was but at one point he appeared from the side dressing room- completely opposite from the rest of the act -with a blood soaked head bandage and a flag that was burnt or bullet ridden (both theatre props), not sure was if he doing something from WW1 or the American civil war. Great showman.

Edited by St Petre
add

I remember working with them a few times when I was the drummer at Kimberworth Pk &Wingfield. Original and hilarious and Alan (Frenchie) was indeed a fine musician.

Its 40 years ago...:( but I remember John talking about a comedy stunt that he was thinking about introducing. He was intending making one of THESE with a sparkler in the top and placing it on stage when the bingo was being called. I would have loved to have seen that.

---------- Post added 22-05-2018 at 23:24 ----------

I saw Chapman Brown at the Bellhouse Road WMC around 1974. I forget what most of his (hilarious) act was but at one point he appeared from the side dressing room- completely opposite from the rest of the act -with a blood soaked head bandage and a flag that was burnt or bullet ridden (both theatre props), not sure was if he doing something from WW1 or the American civil war. Great showman.

I remember this gag. He marched around the stage with an intact flag and uniform....into the dressing room, where you would hear sounds of war.... he then marched back out with the props you describe :) .....American civil war.