Chapman brown club turn

talking to mates the other night we got on about club turns and one act called chapman brown & frenchie. one of these type of acts that people would love or hate we thought it was hilarious and went all over sheffield to see them. tried googling the name and got nowt just interested if anyone can remember them

I can. I remember Chapman Brown from way back - he seemed completely off the wall. Probably ahead of his time.

IIRC he always sang 'Raindrops keep falling on my head'.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

the funniest club turn ive ever seen his offbeat comedy was only funny to anyone on the same wavelength

frenchy was agreat musician

i also would be curious to find out what happened to him

I dont know if its correct but someone told me thats him on the double glazing advert,the irritating bald headed nerk in the green cloak shouting "Buy one get one free I said buy one get one free now".I should imagine he,d be older though!!.:huh::confused:

just looked for the safestyle ad online and seen a story about the actor from the ad being nicked for dangerous driving in the yorkshire post in may 2010 gives his age as 45 so thats much to young but his name is jeffrey brown could it be his son?

I think Old Tup has got it in one---with the double glazing ad---I had my suspicions a few years ago when it first appeared-----and I do know that the "actor"in question is called Brown-----I SAID IS CALLED BROWN

what a brilliant act he was.very insulting to punters in audience but hilarious if he didnt pick on you

concert secretaries jobs were made harder because they couldnt get him off stage at 10.30

I used to share a pint with this guy when he worked this area.

I believe his real name is John Chapman.

He lives, or used to live in Nottingham working for the MOD

Chapman Brown & Frenchie! I'm the daughter of Frenchie. I know your posts were a while ago but if you'd like anymore info on John Chapman & Alan Ball then let me know.

Nice to hear from you Lisa. I'd forgotten about this post, it was so long ago. Must have been some search to locate this thread. Now, don't tell me Chapman Brown & Frenchie have reformed & are now topping the bill at Las Vegas?

yes are they both still working in any form, and more important how are they

yes are they both still working in any form, and more important how are they

Nothing to do with this thread but your logo pic, isn't that the pic from the Mad Magazine from waaaay back? I used to buy that mag and I haven't seen that pic for years.