The Stephen Lawrence Trial

That's an interesting argument. Personally, jury wise, I'd really try extremely hard to make a judgement only on the evidence before me if I felt their was political pressure for a conviction.

Like the jury in the OJ Simpson trial?...

Like the jury in the OJ Simpson trial?...

I haven't met them so I couldn't comment on their motivations.

What I could attest to is any hint of pushing for a particular verdict would focus me as a juror on my job of impartially assessing the evidence legally allowed to be presented and making a decision on that basis.

I haven't met them so I couldn't comment on their motivations.

What I could attest to is any hint of pushing for a particular verdict would focus me as a juror on my job of impartially assessing the evidence legally allowed to be presented and making a decision on that basis.

I appreciate that..However, I don't think most people on jury service are as independent and strong willed as you..:D

That's an interesting argument. Personally, jury wise, I'd really try extremely hard to make a judgement only on the evidence before me if I felt their was political pressure for a conviction.

There has been so much publicity about this murder over the years that everyone pretty much has heard or read about the case, plus the fact that the media in this country convict someone before they come to court, look at what happend to Joanna Yeates (RIP) landlord, the poor guy even I started believing he was guilty after reading the write up on him.

There has been so much publicity about this murder over the years that everyone pretty much has heard or read about the case, plus the fact that the media in this country convict someone before they come to court, look at what happend to Joanna Yeates (RIP) landlord, the poor guy even I started believing he was guilty after reading the write up on him.

I totally agree that there are lots of cases where you wonder how can anyone put themselves in the position of juror. But people do accept their civic duty and in any high profile case it is very easy to recuse yourself if you cannot judge on the evidence presented. "I recon he done it cos the sun said he did" does not count for anything in jurors deliberations, another juror reports it to the judge and a mistrial gets declared.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8896209/Stephen-Lawrence-trial-best-friend-says-teenager-stabbed-with-a-foot-long-knife.html

Have you been reading / watching the latest developments in the trial and what do you think of the process?

Nobody can deny that it was an awful crime and the perpetrators should be brought before the courts. I do hope the police have conclusive forensic evidence to prove the accused guilty, then Stephen's family can at last have some relief and get on with their lives...

Having said that the case, in regards to British justice, does trouble me. Lets be honest the accused are going to be found guilty, its not really a trial. More a public event whereby the accused will get what they deserve and the authorities will be seen to have done what's right...

In view of previous trials where innocent people were locked up for a crime they didn't commit, do you trust the police anyway?

When the case was ongoing many years ago I never thought the accused did it. I based this on the fact that although they were being secretly filmed and recorded they never once mentioned the crime. You'd have though a gang of young men would have?

Are you happy with the process and do you think they did it?

I would base the fact that Stephen's (RIP) friend Duwayne Brooks was there on the tragic night when he witnessed his childhood friend being killed by these vulchers is enough rather than the above. Also given the new evidence with the case (DNA).

18 years of suffering for the Lawerence family is far too much. I hope they get some peace when these scum are locked up for good.

I would base the fact that Stephen's (RIP) friend Duwayne Brooks was there on the tragic night when he witnessed his childhood friend being killed by these vulchers is enough rather than the above. Also given the new evidence with the case (DNA).

18 years of suffering for the Lawerence family is far too much. I hope they get some peace when these scum are locked up for good.

Have you been to the moon or something Brooks didn't see anything? We'll see what the new evidence is but to want someone locked up without evidence, when they could be innocent, is totally wrong...Have you ever heard of British justice?

I appreciate the family has been suffering for 18 years but if the wrong people are locked up this means the guilty are still free..

Have you been to the moon or something Brooks didn't see anything? We'll see what the new evidence is but to want someone locked up without evidence, when they could be innocent, is totally wrong...Have you ever heard of British justice?

I appreciate the family has been suffering for 18 years but if the wrong people are locked up this means the guilty are still free..

Lol.....I would suggest you follow the case. He was there when these tramps shouted the N word at them & then converged at Stephen. Duwayne Brooks has given evidence saying that he was chased by one of the tramps whilst Stephen was set upon by one of the leaders of the group. He went onto describe how he had a weapon on him that he described as something shiny & he used this on Stephen. He also witnessed another man set upon Stephen & use a metal bar to hit Stephen on the head.......Clearly Mr Brooks did not witness anything! Jeeez :rolleyes:

Surely the DPP are not relying on old evidence or media hype for a conviction?

:The Guardian:

"They were charged after new forensic evidence emerged during a cold case review of the case exhibits by scientists.

The prosecution claims that fibres, blood and hair found on the clothing of both men places them at the scene and proves their guilt".

Lol.....I would suggest you follow the case. He was there when these tramps shouted the N word at them & then converged at Stephen. Duwayne Brooks has given evidence saying that he was chased by one of the tramps whilst Stephen was set upon by one of the leaders of the group. He went onto describe how he had a weapon on him that he described as something shiny & he used this on Stephen. He also witnessed another man set upon Stephen & use a metal bar to hit Stephen on the head.......Clearly Mr Brooks did not witness anything! Jeeez :rolleyes:

That begs the question then. Why has it taken 18 years to bring them to trial. I understand two of them were tried once but the case collapsed. The only new evidence is forensic and if that's conclusive then so be it. They deserve to be locked up. You seem to think that because they are racist and have said racist things they should be convicted of murder...

Incidentally did you think OJ Simpson was guilty..?

That begs the question then. Why has it taken 18 years to bring them to trial. I understand two of them were tried once but the case collapsed. The only new evidence is forensic and if that's conclusive then so be it. They deserve to be locked up. You seem to think that because they are racist and have said racist things they should be convicted of murder...

They killed a young man based on the colour of his skin. Let's not get it twisted.

Next......FYI.....follow the case :D

I was too young when the OJ case happened. I won't make judgement until I have researched the case :D.

Edited by bizzle
added

I forgot to add. A newpaper I have forgot which one I maybe wrong but the DailyMail comes to mind labelled them as murderers & said they could sue if they were wrong. To date they have not sued.