Ground Rent (N.L. Moffitt & Partners)

Hi

We moved house in June of this year and I have received the ground rent notice. Its backdated to March 2009, so I presume I wouldn't be responsible for paying all of it since we wasn't living in the home at that time.

It is from "N.L. Moffitt & Partners" but there is no contact details on the letter. I tried searching for some details online but couldn't find any, any suggestions on what I should will be useful. Thank You

(maybe useful to know)

I'm suppose to send it to:

P.O. Box 188

Sheffield S1 1LB

Edited by englishgirl2

32 Bloomsbury Street

London

WC1B 3QJ

Tel 020 7299 4321

Fax 020 7299 4311

Email info@moffattandpartners.com

http://www.moffattandpartners.com/

Thanks for helping but unfortunately that's not the same company, I gave them a call and the gentlemen I spoke to said we don't deal with N.L. Moffitt And Partners

Thanks for helping but unfortunately that's not the same company, I gave them a call and the gentlemen I spoke to said we don't deal with N.L. Moffitt And Partners

It seems a bit odd. I wouldn't pay. A PO Box Number for a business is always a bit iffy. Could be some sort of scam. Your neighbours will have ground rent to pay as well, try speaking to them..

Send a letter back to that address with the invoice and ask them to invoice you correctly for the period you have been there. It tends to be on a yearly basis.

As you previous forumster said speak to the neighbours to ensure they are the ones to pay, also when you bought the property you should have received a copy of the lease showing who it is payable to and what amount. If you are renting then speak to the landlord who should have the details and informed you of the amount and who it should be paid to.

I pay ground rent but when i bought the house i had all the docs associated with it given to me

thanks I'll do that, would my neighbors usually have to pay it to the same company?

Very odd. I put "S1 1LB Sheffield" into Google and apart from the map, this thread was the first hit. And very little else.

Looks dodgy to me.

thanks I'll do that, would my neighbors usually have to pay it to the same company?

Usually yes, unless they're bought the freehold.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=S1+1LB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x48798282aacf8e59:0xfa399c0228c78283,Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S1+1LB&gl=uk&ei=5MnDTvTyH5PA8QOOuKmWCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQ8gEwAA

Can't find any business listed with that postcode, but it does look like they're offices above the Penny Black on Google Maps

Edit: D'oh - that's the post office where the PO Box is :)

Edited by SlimRick

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=S1+1LB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x48798282aacf8e59:0xfa399c0228c78283,Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S1+1LB&gl=uk&ei=5MnDTvTyH5PA8QOOuKmWCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQ8gEwAA

Can't find any business listed with that postcode, but it does look like they're offices above the Penny Black on Google Maps

Edit: D'oh - that's the post office where the PO Box is :)

That's funny...:hihi:

Yes - the lease holder will cover a range of houses within the land.