Where can I buy Jerusalem artichokes?

where do people buy from now and is it too late to plant them ? if i had any

Horsfields Nursery at Pot House Hamlet have these, I bought some.

They are yummy, but they can take over a bit so watch where you plant them.

I just realised this year that we have seen hide nor hair of our jerusalem artichokes for the last couple of years. If anyone has a spare handful to re-plant i am happy to come over and collect. If you happen to be on Grimesthorpe alotments all the better!

Also has anyone any ways to cook them without the extreme reactions that some in our family suffered?

We got ours from Rhinegold three years ago and they are still going strong, despite my attempts to dig them all up every year - choose a permanent bed for them! You don't plant them until early spring, and dig them up after the first hard frosts of winter. Craigpugh - you are welcome to have some of mine when I dig them, if you want? They certainly live up to their nickname ;-)

Suebeedoo- I would love some, if you remember by the time the frosts come... Which will be ages, ages and ages... he wishes.

Sorry full moon for going off plot in 2011.

Still have a bed of 12' X 5' of invasive tubers.

Will be on allotment Wednesday and Friday 10ish until 12ish Meersbrook plot 265.

Good time for planting tubers or eating them (roasting until golden brown is favourite). I have plenty spare.