Where can I buy Jerusalem artichokes?

I have heard a friends in Scotland said she has bought jerusalem artichoke and seached some supermarket and local shop end up in vain.

I realy want buy some and start grow my own for next year.

Anybody can :help:help please?:help:

Any of the on-line suppliers will sell it. I'm not sure where to buy it locally though as I don't like the stuff.

Beanies has had them in stock seasonally for the last few years, but I can't tell you exactly when they do stock them.

It's a bit early for them yet, but if you know of anyone who grows them, ask for a few. You only need a few and think very carefully where you are going to plant them otherwise they'll try to take over your garden/allotment!

Many thanks to every body.

I not good with online things. Try to find some in December and plant it in the corner of my garden with mini raised bed may contral it. :thumbsup:

Thank you Rob:)

You're welcome......I'd get two packs though....I bought some to grow last year, but scoffed them the same night :)

Theres not much that will control Jerusalem Artichokes except deep digging each year to staunch the spread. They taste and look like dirty earthy potatoes.

Theres not much that will control Jerusalem Artichokes except deep digging each year to staunch the spread. They taste and look like dirty earthy potatoes.

Thank you for your reminding.

I agree that it looks ugly.

The tast....

It may depending on the way you eat it. I am going to make some pickle. I had it when i was a child and it was nice according to my memery, so want try again.

Another way to eat it nice is cut it into match sticks,add a bit salt, pepper, vinega and olive oil.---maybe a bit chopped spring onion.

Some of the tubers I am digging up now are starting to root so they are ready for planting. I would normally plant at the end of January. We grow them on Meersbrook allotment and always have some to spare PM me if you still want some and can collect from Meersbrook allotments.

Some of the tubers I am digging up now are starting to root so they are ready for planting. I would normally plant at the end of January. We grow them on Meersbrook allotment and always have some to spare PM me if you still want some and can collect from Meersbrook allotments.

Thank you. PM sent.