United accounts out- Nearly £32 million lost in two years

There are a few McCabe knockers on here, hope they take a look at the link and realise how he is single-handedly keeping the club in existence.

Those figures coupled with the previous years are shocking, it took Wednesday years to get the figure to £25 million but United have exceeded this in the last two alone.

Two things stand out, your wages are way too high and your gate receipts in relation to your crowds are poor.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/PLC/0,,10418~2516843,00.html

Expected to be fair, with further cuts last summer, and even more on the way, it doesn't look as bad as some would suggest.

Expected and no suprise, am so pleased we have no banks To worry about, and a few assets to fall back on if needed.

The finacial issues are being addressed and dealt with, in a proper manner, no defaulting or panic.

What ever the debt, the Club will conduct its self in an honourable manner as expected by a honourable and respected club.

Edited by TAT

I suppose the worry is the amount of assetts and rights united have disposed of in the last few years and still made such a loss.

There is nothing left to sell; the best players, hotels, business centres, gyms, feeder clubs, catering rights have now all gone. United are just a football team now, and that is the only income.

If they can't stop the rot very quick they will be in serious trouble.

I'd also like to highlight how much of a misguided bunch us fans are. Only a few seasons ago I remember arguing on here with fans who backed Mcabe as though he was God like. He couldn't put a foot wrong, and united's revolutionary business approach was the best thing to happen to any club ever, and would be the vision for all clubs in the future.

Did the timings just go wrong, or is there a lesson there: you should stick to what you know best.

I suppose the worry is the amount of assetts and rights united have disposed of in the last few years and still made such a loss.

There is nothing left to sell; the best players, hotels, business centres, gyms, feeder clubs, catering rights have now all gone. United are just a football team now, and that is the only income.

I think it was written a long while back, alot of blades were too busy laughing at the Owls problems and ignoring their own. It is coming round to biting them on their behinds and although its a sad state of affairs, its all down to a badly run club thats been selling to keep afloat.

We have a massive academy with land, 2 community centres, a gym at the academy, snooker centre etc still hell of a lot more than the other club in Sheffield ! whoose biggest asset is a tent on a half owned training ground.

Saying that Kyle Walker a previous asset of the club, has just got Man of the match, on his England full debut !! wonder if United had a clause in the contract for England duty.

We have a massive academy with land, 2 community centres, a gym at the academy, snooker centre etc still hell of a lot more than the other club in Sheffield ! whoose biggest asset is a tent on a half owned training ground.

Saying that Kyle Walker a previous asset of the club, has just got Man of the match, on his England full debut !! wonder if United had a clause in the contract for England duty.

I think you need to make sure about all that!!

I think it was written a long while back, alot of blades were too busy laughing at the Owls problems and ignoring their own. It is coming round to biting them on their behinds and although its a sad state of affairs, its all down to a badly run club thats been selling to keep afloat.

Exactly what Ladybirds has done in Post 7.

I'm not going to turn this into a slanging match, but I said for a long, long time, that too many (but not all) blades were blissfully ignorant of their actual situation.

For unitedites this bit should be quite worrying:

McCabe also pointedly criticised the “throwing” of money at “too many loan players.”

He is demanding more diligence in “additional squad members” from his current management team.

With a paper thin squad, it looks like there isnt much room for manouver!

For unitedites this bit should be quite worrying:

McCabe also pointedly criticised the “throwing” of money at “too many loan players.”

He is demanding more diligence in “additional squad members” from his current management team.

With a paper thin squad, it looks like there isnt much room for manouver!

You can put that however you wish... it could mean he is willing to invest in permenant players.

You can put that however you wish... it could mean he is willing to invest in permenant players.

yea i read it as they don't want to rely on loan players, which as a fan you would have to be happy with