Needing ps3 repair (£000)

Asking price: £000

Condition of item: N/A

Further details

Need ps3 repair, i have yellow light of death i think its a motherboard issue but i put a fan to up to the rear vents and it started working now its dead again so need a cheap fix let me know your price, thanks

Interested? Questions?

To contact seller, click on their user name to access the Email or Private Message forms.

but you need to let it cool before you move it

......................add salt and pepper,then serve on a bed of freshly prepared salad!!

Seriously,DON'T even consider this,you could melt any plastic parts!it needs a reflow for a proper repair.Its the same as the towel trick for the 360,it may work for a while but it WILL go again!!

cheer corsaman132 wasnt gona take it apart myself anyway but thanks for the warning

I have reflowed loads of xbox 360's,and the safest way is with a heatgun and covering all capacitors and plastic parts,it lasts longer.I'm pretty sure that plastic has a lower melting point that metal! Check any gaming forums and i'll bet every one does not condone sticking it an oven.Capacitors cannot take a lot of heat and will swell and leak.There's also a very good chance that the board will warp.

So,yes,i do know what i'm talking about!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/36515-aidans-ylod-repair-guide-22.html

IF you know what you are doing and take care it is not too difficult

My nephew did this about 18 months ago and its still going strong

Fancy smuggling it out and selling it to me-VERY CHEAP?:hihi::hihi:

Wouldn't be hard we hardly use it you can get em off eBay for around £200

I have reflowed loads of xbox 360's,and the safest way is with a heatgun and covering all capacitors and plastic parts,it lasts longer.I'm pretty sure that plastic has a lower melting point that metal! Check any gaming forums and i'll bet every one does not condone sticking it an oven.Capacitors cannot take a lot of heat and will swell and leak.There's also a very good chance that the board will warp.

So,yes,i do know what i'm talking about!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/36515-aidans-ylod-repair-guide-22.html

That's not a reflow, that's a bodge job...

a proper reflow uses a soldier station, with a proper reflow fitting thats just bigger than the size of the chip(s), this way it's contained and other components aren't affected, there's also a certain degree of pressure that needs to be applied too at a certain point for a certain length of time..

using a heatgun is almost as bad as putting it in an oven to be honest!

That's not a reflow, that's a bodge job...

a proper reflow uses a soldier station, with a proper reflow fitting thats just bigger than the size of the chip(s), this way it's contained and other components aren't affected, there's also a certain degree of pressure that needs to be applied too at a certain point for a certain length of time..

using a heatgun is almost as bad as putting it in an oven to be honest!

Aaahh right,so you've seen me do one then?

How do you know what i do and don't do?

''using a heatgun is almost as bad as putting it in an oven to be honest!''

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RUBBISH!

I use a good quality flux and a good template on small stand-offs to isolate the 2 chips,so far 100% fix rate which have lasted,never had one back yet!

Aaahh right,so you've seen me do one then?

How do you know what i do and don't do?

''using a heatgun is almost as bad as putting it in an oven to be honest!''

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RUBBISH!

I use a good quality flux and a good template on small stand-offs to isolate the 2 chips,so far 100% fix rate which have lasted,never had one back yet!

Exactly same way ive done them never had a problem ill only do my own though but this way works.I do have a adition as in compressor running sure anyone can figure that one out.