Finally Digital Region is available in my area.

and microsoft release the update to xbox next week which gives you access to the catch-up and on-demand stuff including lovefilm

Does anyone have any inside information on the TV services that some of the ISP's are going to offer?

I'm hoping to moved into my new house in January and would love to get away from SKY if possible.

Does anyone have any inside information on the TV services that some of the ISP's are going to offer?

I'm hoping to moved into my new house in January and would love to get away from SKY if possible.

I don’t think there is too much concrete information on the TV packages that DR ISP’s will be offering. I think at the minute both Origin & Little Big One are the only two looking at providing such services and I believe that they are still confirming there options.

I guess they don’t want to release information and claim to offer a service and then when they go live they can’t. I am already on the network and if the price is right and there’s some decent features such as on demand material, iPlayer & ITV on demand etc I’ll be giving it a go!

I don’t think there is too much concrete information on the TV packages that DR ISP’s will be offering. I think at the minute both Origin & Little Big One are the only two looking at providing such services and I believe that they are still confirming there options.

I guess they don’t want to release information and claim to offer a service and then when they go live they can’t. I am already on the network and if the price is right and there’s some decent features such as on demand material, iPlayer & ITV on demand etc I’ll be giving it a go!

what you've also got to remember is people with xbox 360's will get a lot of the ondemand stuff from next week when microsoft release their latest update - for people who don't have xbox, ps3 or other streaming products this will be a good selling feature of the network

I have been connected now for a couple of days, all seems ok around 39 down 10 up.

I have 1 problem though, I use android devices to control my media pc namely 'win-remote and Plex', what is happening is they will work perfect then all of a sudden the commands will lag i.e I press pause on the android app then 10 seconds later it pauses the video.

I am using the supplied Tenda router, I have tried setting the remotes to use internal IP's and external. This didn't happen on my old router, has anyone had similar issues?

I have been connected now for a couple of days, all seems ok around 39 down 10 up.

I have 1 problem though, I use android devices to control my media pc namely 'win-remote and Plex', what is happening is they will work perfect then all of a sudden the commands will lag i.e I press pause on the android app then 10 seconds later it pauses the video.

I am using the supplied Tenda router, I have tried setting the remotes to use internal IP's and external. This didn't happen on my old router, has anyone had similar issues?

That sound weird as to why you would randomly have lag on the connection. Who are you connected with out of interest, ASK4? Also, I would of said its more an internal problem with the router etc if it occours both with internal and external IP settings.

That sound weird as to why you would randomly have lag on the connection. Who are you connected with out of interest, ASK4? Also, I would of said its more an internal problem with the router etc if it occours both with internal and external IP settings.

I'm with origin, going to look at testing another router, pretty sure that will be the cause.

Well, I placed my order a month ago, BE disconnect me from their internet on the 17th.

Due to OPENREACH inefficiencies I don't get my installation till 19th.

I'm therefore 2 days without Internet..... Seriously NOT IMPRESSED !!!!

Well, I placed my order a month ago, BE disconnect me from their internet on the 17th.

Due to OPENREACH inefficiencies I don't get my installation till 19th.

I'm therefore 2 days without Internet..... Seriously NOT IMPRESSED !!!!

I was with Be, I am still paying for be as they have a month cancellation.

I thought if you used a mac-code you weren't disconnected from your old isp until the moment you switchover so it would suggest that BT screwed up

The problem is the change of technologies..... For a normal change it's a exchange only modification that moves you from A to B. You are always connected to one or the other.

With Fibre it's a 2 stage process, exchange and cabinet. So you have a spell connected to nothing.

The problem is the change of technologies..... For a normal change it's a exchange only modification that moves you from A to B. You are always connected to one or the other.

With Fibre it's a 2 stage process, exchange and cabinet. So you have a spell connected to nothing.

yes but you shouldn't be down for long this is what i meant - on day of install BT should disconnect you at the exchange which is usally before 7am and at 9am should be working on your cabinet switching you over - so you should be disconnected for a couple of hours and not disconnected for days