Finally Digital Region is available in my area.

Thanks for your input LBO! Whilst I appreciate that you may not directly have issues causing a delay there have been one or two things across the DRL ISP’s causing delays so your statement is a little misleading in a sense that it’s a wholesale product so everyone will have been affected. I guess with that said when ISP’s are over there normal lead times anyway it’s only a positive to a point as it shows the clear demand there is for that particular ISP and its services!

It’s clear from a number of potential customers that your non flexible approach with things such as routers, VOIP packages is more frustrating than lead times anyway and customers are prepared to wait on a more flexible ISP and more customers orientated such as Origin.

Hi mattyatty1,

I'm not sure what things on the DRL wholesale product you are referring to, but nothing is affecting delivery of service to any of our customers.

With regards to the points on routers and VoIP, we supply a router as part of our service so we can fully manage and monitor the connections to our customers in full. If you require your own router, we can provision your service to connect to a port on our supplied router to allow you to manage an operate your own network.

With regards to VoIP, whilst our telephone services are VoIP by technology, they are in essencce replacement landline services. As part of this replacement service we register telephone numbers for 999 services, and in doing this we are required to know where the telephone is located. This is why we are not able to provide login details to our customers for use on mobile or portable devices, as this would breach this requirement.

If you have any more concerns or would like any more details clarified we are always happy to help.

Thanks

littlebigone.com

Any pointers on when the service will be going 80/20?

For anyone that hasn't seen this re: Origin Broadband's recent troubles getting people connected...

http://www.origin-broadband.co.uk/about-origin-broadband/blog/2012/03/22/Our_recent_troubles/

We've recently been experiencing significant delays in getting customers connected to the Digital Region network and we want to clarify the current situation:

Due to unforeseeable supply problems, our ability to process new orders has been seriously impacted. We're now nearing the end of a complete overhaul of our network in direct response to these issues and this process will leave us in a terrific position to improve the service of our existing customers and protect our ability to deliver connections within normal timescales for all new customers.

Any suggestion that BT or Digital Region have failed to cooperate with us is unfounded and it's of the highest priority for us to get customers connected to the network as soon as possible. Where we can improve on the dates we've already given, we will and we'll let customers know immediately.

For a local company starting out, it's been a really tough couple of months for us but we're genuinely touched by local people showing us such support and patience. We really appreciate everyone's help and now we can continue to grow and help homes and businesses across South Yorkshire join this amazing network.

Personally I'm more than happy to have chosen these guys for my service, and as a local company continue to wish them every success (manageable success that is).. :)

It has been and continues to be a very long wait to get connected with Origin. Hopefully they have learnt from their issues and avoid getting into the same situation again. Looking forward to getting connected on 17th April!!

I'm a bit frustrated at the minute with origin broadband. They promised me connection within 10 days. This was now 6 weeks ago. The 1st excuse was low stock levels, 2nd: change in supplier of their routers, 3rd: problems with BT. Now given a date of 22april. To be honest if they can't supply why give out so many promises. This does not boad well in my opinion, the whole reason why I chose them was down to 2 things, these were its a local company and secondly they offer fttc in my area. However if they ant even supply this what are they like as an overal company and giving support to their current companies. Also connection issues and overal stability of service. I or one can't afford to be disconnected fom y service as I rely on this for my job. If they fail to provide ths by the date given for a 3rd time my order Will have to be cancelled.

I'm a bit frustrated at the minute with origin broadband. They promised me connection within 10 days. This was now 6 weeks ago. The 1st excuse was low stock levels, 2nd: change in supplier of their routers, 3rd: problems with BT. Now given a date of 22april. To be honest if they can't supply why give out so many promises. This does not boad well in my opinion, the whole reason why I chose them was down to 2 things, these were its a local company and secondly they offer fttc in my area. However if they ant even supply this what are they like as an overal company and giving support to their current companies. Also connection issues and overal stability of service. I or one can't afford to be disconnected fom y service as I rely on this for my job. If they fail to provide ths by the date given for a 3rd time my order Will have to be cancelled.

Hi,

Firstly as an existing Origin Broadband (a happy one too!) let me tell you that the recent problems are well out of character and not the norm. I have dealt with them for my own connection and several customers I have connected for friends etc and they have always been more than helpful and accurate with information and dates with when stuff will happen etc.

The recent events causing orders to be constantly put back I believe has now been resolved and Origin as an honest company have admitted there’s been problems and as always they’ve put their hands up and sorted them out. If you go to this site you will see their statement today regarding the recent issues - http://www.origin-broadband.co.uk/about-origin-broadband/blog/2012/03/22/Our_recent_troubles/

As I say, rest assured that once your connected your frustration with recent events will be outed massively by the super lightning fast speeds!

Hope this helps and re assures you generally there an honest, reliable and helpful local business just give them chance and they will prove it you too I’m sure.

If you want any further info and help pop onto the unofficial Digital Region Support forum at http://www.drlforum.co.uk.

Thanks!

cant wait to be connected with origin:P hmmmm..... p.s any customers that have been waiting way longer than the lead times.... ask about getting put onto there trial broadband service mmm 100mb :P:P

Are you serious about the trial as I spoke to them on the phone last week and they said Digital Region had not informed them what the score would be regarding the new speeds.

They were aware that the cabinets had been switched over already though, just no information about any potential costs involved with getting the speed cap adjusted/removed.