Finally Digital Region is available in my area.

Hi Temuchin,

I hope our heart is in the right place, but the last thing we want to is leave anyone with the impression that we don't take customer issues seriously; because we do. I've PM'd you my details so I can find out a bit more and help where I can. Please get in touch.

We're very passionate about people being able to choose a local alternative when it comes to broadband and phone, and one of the benefits is that you speak to local people and not go on hold for ever.

Get in touch and I'll see if we can't put things right.

Origin

Just reporting that I've now been called by Origin, and the lack of contact over my two problems has been cleared up satisfactorily. Seems I was just unlucky, and action had already been taken to prevent a similar recurrence. These things happen... All rankle now gone :)

if i am a BT INFINITY customer will i get any benefits from switching to any of the above providers

in a nutshell yes

the current batch of isp's on the network currently do not do any of the following

caps usage @ 300GB like BT

throttle P2P network (some games use P2P technology)

usenet (bt cap this @ 180K across 3 connections)

traffic shaping (like BT or Virgin during peek hours)

throttle BBC-IPlayer or SKY, ITV,CH4, CH5 versions

I can watch Iplayer in HD quality via my C-200

Some downsides

Initial setup costs - hopefully these will start reducing

Current ISP's are not as well known as the big companies (but this can also aid them as their customer base wont be as high and thus should give better support)

One of the benefits of using a local company is that they can be flexible:-) Give us a call or an email and we'll take a look.

When you visit the website it says your from berkshire not south yorkshire, so how is that being a local company?

have you actually got offices within south yorkshire and would the support given be from people in south yorkshire?

When you visit the website it says your from berkshire not south yorkshire, so how is that being a local company?

have you actually got offices within south yorkshire and would the support given be from people in south yorkshire?

The contact page for Origin shows where they are based...

To answer the BT question, the benefits are we focus on services for South Yorkshire so we are providing services which people in South Yorkshire actually want. This will become particularly evident when we launch our IPTV service.

If you want to be kept in the know about littlebigone.com enhancements, either register your interest on our website or like us on Facebook.

Thanks all of you for your interest.

whoops quoted wrong company as should have been for littlebigone my apologies

The contact page for Origin shows where they are based...

yeh realised i quoted them by mistake

To answer the BT question, the benefits are we focus on services for South Yorkshire so we are providing services which people in South Yorkshire actually want. This will become particularly evident when we launch our IPTV service.

If you want to be kept in the know about littlebigone.com enhancements, either register your interest on our website or like us on Facebook.

Thanks all of you for your interest.

do you have offices in south yorkshire or are you doing everything from berkshire?

BT offer Vision which includes BBC Iplayer, Films on Demand

Some of our operations are carried out in South Yorkshire, but our customer/technical support is handled in our office in Reading, Berkshire.

Our support is full 24hrs, 7 days a week every day of the year (even Christmas day!). By this I mean real people sat at desks waiting taking calls or email support queries.

With regards to the TV point, you will understand the difference when we launch our TV service!

Sorry for my delay in posting I was on a forum sponsored break for directing someone to a well known search engine, sounds a bit like bugle, but with a g.

Anyway, my mind is made up, I will be going with Origin.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Some of our operations are carried out in South Yorkshire, but our customer/technical support is handled in our office in Reading, Berkshire.

Our support is full 24hrs, 7 days a week every day of the year (even Christmas day!). By this I mean real people sat at desks waiting taking calls or email support queries.

With regards to the TV point, you will understand the difference when we launch our TV service!

Or Facebooking their customers if they sound interesting on the phone :D

YYES.... booked my digital region today. Origin seem to be really good. Delivery 10 - 14 days.

I take offence at that! I'm from Deepcar! (for my sins)

YYES.... booked my digital region today. Origin seem to be really good. Delivery 10 - 14 days.

You won't regret it :) Just be aware, though, that the lead time is not entirely in Origin's hands - BT Openreach have to be involved. Unfortunately. I gave Origin my MAC on 30th September, and it was 19th October when the service went live. And I wasn't aware that BTO needed access to the premises to make the switchover until a BTO engineer turned up on the doorstep...