How will this forum handle the death of Margaret Thatcher?

What a vile thread. Not sure how this fits in with the supposed family friendly ethos of the forum.

I don't know - Maybe speak to someone dragged up in the 80's... It wasn't a 'family friendly' time as I recall... Most of us grew up faster than the kids do today, and that's not a good thing...

What a vile thread. Not sure how this fits in with the supposed family friendly ethos of the forum.

The thread itself - the OP, if you read it back, isn't vile, its some of the posts in it that are a bit distasteful.

I don't know - Maybe speak to someone dragged up in the 80's... It wasn't a 'family friendly' time as I recall... Most of us grew up faster than the kids do today, and that's not a good thing...

I'm one of those kids. What an awful grim time that was. I don't think anybody aged under 30 can even begin to comprehend it. They just won't have experienced anything like it. They might get a chance soon enough though

Jaysus, there is nowt like changing history to fit in with your ideals.

Regards

Angel.

If your talking about comparisons I lived through both governments,my children were educated under the Thatcher government, my wife worked for the NHS under both governments and still dose now, it was a comment made from first hand experience of both governments not ideals, but first hand experience, so I think I have a good idea what government did the most to destroy the NHS and also what government did the most to rebuild it and like I said the cut backs have already started in the NHS under this Thatcher orientated Conservative government ,

You need to realise the world isn't a nice place, as Britain most certainly wasn't when it was under her heel.