How will this forum handle the death of Margaret Thatcher?

I think that celebrating anybody's death is a rather macabre and unpleasant thing to do. There's a difference between saying that you're pleased she's no longer in a position of power in the governing of the country and celebrating that a human being is no longer alive.

True. But surely it depends on what that human being has done whilst they were alive?

It might be macabre and unpleasant, but I'll be bouncing up and down with joy when she dies. One of my happiest memories is of her getting into the car when she was booted out of Downing Street - and she had tears in her eyes. I thought then that she might actually have a slight inkling of what she'd done to so many workers in her time. Not that she was faced with a lifetime on the dole or anything!

I'll be glad to see her gone and will join in with the street parties.

Probably a bit of a cruel thing to do, but I have good reason.

why because you missed the boat....and how nice it is down the east end without all those dirty steelworks....

wish she was giving out more houses to the oldies....most on our estate now live rent free after voting labour all their lives...and it was good old maggie who contributed to them living the high life now...then pass the goodies onto their kids...

hope they put her down a pit :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I think that fitting end is reserved for that muppet Scargill .

True. But surely it depends on what that human being has done whilst they were alive?

It might be macabre and unpleasant, but I'll be bouncing up and down with joy when she dies. One of my happiest memories is of her getting into the car when she was booted out of Downing Street - and she had tears in her eyes. I thought then that she might actually have a slight inkling of what she'd done to so many workers in her time. Not that she was faced with a lifetime on the dole or anything!

shes still made half a million in the last five years :loopy:

shes still made half a million in the last five years :loopy:

Exactly , how many of the lefties on here slagging her off are sat on a few million smackers ?

I predict that some will be wailing and a-beating their breast that she's gone.

Others of us will be wailing and a-beating our breast that it took as long as it did.

I think that wishing someone dead is a disgraceful thing to say, particularly as you are a moderator. You should know better!

Exactly , how many of the lefties on here slagging her off are sat on a few million smackers ?

:rolleyes:Not another fruitcake from Baaaaaarnsley.

I think that wishing someone dead is a disgraceful thing to say, particularly as you are a moderator. You should know better!

Would it have been wrong to wish for Hitlers death?:huh:

Only in Sheffield would this be asked.............<sigh> .

July 2011, Thatcher was named the most competent British Prime Minister of the past 30 years in an Ipsos Mori poll

July 2011, Thatcher was named the most competent British Prime Minister of the past 30 years in an Ipsos Mori poll

It actually was the most competent FEMALE British PM.:roll: