How will this forum handle the death of Margaret Thatcher?

I know its a bit macabre to speak of someones death when they are still very much alive and kicking, but I was wondering how the mods and admin team of this forum will handle the inevitable rejoicing by many members on here when she passes away. She may not be very popular in Sheffield but I think any rejoicing on here will be in very bad taste and could reflect badly on the forum.

Edited by TheGuy

Those who celebrate will be like the Muslims who rejoiced after 9/11.

Sick, bitter, stupid individuals.

A bit sick if you ask me, I thought Gordon Brown was the worst PM ever, but I would wish any harm to come to him, he as a family and I’m sure he thought he was doing the right thing.

I can remember the euphoria back in '89 when John Major ousted the witch, was like Wednesday winning the FA Cup!

I can remember the euphoria back in '89 when John Major ousted the witch, was like Wednesday winning the FA Cup!

Dream on:hihi:

I predict that some will be wailing and a-beating their breast that she's gone.

Others of us will be wailing and a-beating our breast that it took as long as it did.

Among very many she will be remembered as one of the best PMs the UK had in the 20th century and recognized as such.

Among many in the industrial north particularly in the coal mining communities she will be reviled in death as she is in life

It's sad when anybody dies but it's customary to look back at their lives with slightly rose tinted glasses.

With Thatcher we can look back at 30 years of Thatcher-inspired economic mayhem etc... I'm sure she wasn't all bad but she weren't no Mother Theresa either. She'll be rightly applauded for some of her achievements (first woman PM etc...) but vilified in equal measure.

Not the best comparison - Mother Theresa was a pretty diabolical person herself.

That's a different debate but you get the drift I'm sure.

The world is a worse place with her in it, I'll celebrate when that nasty piece of work is put into the ground. For me she is one of the most despicable characters of all time.

I shall be very distraught about the passing of Thatcher unless I am allowed to pull the trigger.:)

I sincerely hope she is not given a state funeral as some of the newspapers reported a few years back. It would be in extreme bad taste and divisive. She wouldn't want it anyway - Compulsory Competitive Tendering and the lowest bidder gets the job.

I won't shed a tear when she dies but I won't gloat either.