Where is the best place to eat on London Road?

I thought Wasabisabi was good until I tried this place...

http://www.sapporo.co.uk/restaurant-manchester/

Now that's what I call a good teppanyaki! Out of this world, but also out of this city unfortunately. However, only 45 mins by train and worth the journey.

Of the others I can say that kebabish does indeed do good kebabs, and Zeugma is a popular choice for turkish style grilled meats - I've only been once - thought it was pretty ordinary to be honest - but a lot seem to like it.

Pho 68 Hands down

I agree :cool:
Didn't rate it at all when I went. very average and nothing very Vietnamese about it from what I remember

Enjoyed Wasabiwotsit when I went around the same time tho.

Gonna check out the Turkish one beginning with Z next time we get chance

Didn't rate it at all when I went. very average and nothing very Vietnamese about it from what I remember

I agree the chips wernt cooked enough you know still crunchy

and the vinegar was weak,but for £1.40 you cant argue

Yeah, I find it odd that people wet themselves over Pho, as when I went (all be it a year ago) it just seemed like standard take out food to me? There was soup though, that was good - a bit 'thai-y' but the rest was like chinese take out? Is this what vietnamese tastes like? Probably not... Didn't go back as there's better - but perhaps it's changed?

I like 'tin tin' near the fireworks shop, close to Waitrose... Real chinese, as opposed to cantonese (hong kong) chinese food... Lovely kidneys, intestines etc there - can't beat em! Also a fan of the chinese fondue bar (jabu?) as that place never disappoints !

Tried a new restaurant on London road, TURKUAZ LONDON ROAD CLUB. it's excellent, The food is fab, extensive menu. It is very clean, staff are very friendly, and there is another room that is a games room with pool tables, table football and fruit machines. Well worth a visit, this is a new resturant that has only been open a couple of weeks.

Tried a new restaurant on London road, TURKUAZ LONDON ROAD CLUB. it's excellent, The food is fab, extensive menu. It is very clean, staff are very friendly, and there is another room that is a games room with pool tables, table football and fruit machines. Well worth a visit, this is a new resturant that has only been open a couple of weeks.

What kind of food do you sell and what are your prices like?

What kind of food do you sell and what are your prices like?

It's Turkish very good prices starter £2-£4 main £6-£11

London Road has turned into a wonderfully multi-ethnic place.

I can spend ages in the supermarket looking at all these different foods.

We did the turkish restaurant about a year ago and it was excellent.

Noodle Inn every time for me. Never had a bad meal there. I know it's really a canteen style place but that's what I like about it . Not pretentious just tasty food. Me and Mr G went in on Friday afternoon to cheer us up after getting soaked to the skin in the deluge. We had pork and preserved egg congee and dim sum. The minced squid dumplings were mmmmmmm ! Came out stuffed to the gills and much , much happier .

Also , agree with Ousetunes. The supermarket is AMAZING !! Only popped in for some spices the other day and spent absolutely ages in there. There is so much good stuff in there from every nation you could think of. Lovely fresh fruit and veg. Baked bread and butchers. Everything you could ever want and lots of weird things you never heard of . Hubs had to drag me out before I spent a mint .

Dim Sum for Chinese/sea food.

Pho 68 for Chinese/Vietnamese (Chinese chef though).

Baan Thai for Thai - nice atmosphere

Takeaway Chinese - yum yum.