Microsoft office - whats happened to publisher?

I have been looking at Microsoft Office and it appears Publisher no longer exists. I used to enjoy using Publisher to make little leaflets, flyers and personalise photos to stick to front of greeting cards.

Does Publisher exist any longer? is there an alternative substitute to Publisher to use?

Edited by abelly
blah

Yes it still exists, but you only get it free on the Pro edition as pointed out above, it can be bought separately but its quite expensive.

You could try one of the free alternatives available such as open office :thumbsup:

I am on Mac, I have the 2011 home & business version. Deleted Communicator and Outlook and just left Word, PowerPoint and Excel.

I am on Mac, I have the 2011 home & business version. Deleted Communicator and Outlook and just left Word, PowerPoint and Excel.

Apparently there is no Publisher for Mac in Office 2011. But:

Like the previous version, Word can operate in two different modes, one for normal word-processing documents, the other a "publishing" mode used mostly for graphics-rich layouts like menus and flyers. (Apple's Pages app uses two closely similar operating modes.) Word for the Mac's publishing mode has essentially the same feature set as the separate Publisher app in Office for Windows, and improves on Publisher by saving files in Word's standard .DOCX format instead of Publisher's .PUB format, which can't be read by any app except Publisher.

From here.

Office Professional 2010 can be purchased from Software4Students for £38

Another free alternative to Publisher is Scribus

Edited by Emmie92

I didn't think Software4Students offers Mac Versions of Office! Scribus will work on Macs - there is a version for Mac as it is OpenSource. OpenOffice used to work on MacOSX but not anymore (having discussed OpenOffice with a user of Lion)

I didn't think Software4Students offers Mac Versions of Office! Scribus will work on Macs - there is a version for Mac as it is OpenSource. OpenOffice used to work on MacOSX but not anymore (having discussed OpenOffice with a user of Lion)

They do now, but I do not think it includes Publisher.

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011

Apple Pages.

Word processing, layout, posters, leaflets, greeting cards etc etc. Dozens of templates to choose from or start from scratch and make your own. 14 quid on the Mac App Store.

http://www.apple.com/iwork/pages/