The garage on manor park

just looking for a bit of help can anybody on here remember the garage/petrol station on manor park shops,and the name of the man who allways wore a flat cap that owned it,i lived there for 25 years and my parents lived there for 51 years mum has just passed away aged 94 any help would be appreciated

was that the one on the round-about at the bottom of the shops and harborough avenue ? ,dont know the mans name but seem to remember that it was a esso petrol station

It was a Fina same as the one opposite the Springwood. The owner of both lived in the 1st house up the hill towards Woodthorpe shops with his wife and daughter Can't remember their names but Gordon was the mechanic travelling the two garages and little Bob Parkin did the punctures.

Edited by Odd-jobs

just looking for a bit of help can anybody on here remember the garage/petrol station on manor park shops,and the name of the man who allways wore a flat cap that owned it,i lived there for 25 years and my parents lived there for 51 years mum has just passed away aged 94 any help would be appreciated

hi vanman,the man&wife who owned and ran the garage were called IKE&DOLLY but can,t remember their surname and they also had an interest with danny who ran the garage that used to be on the corner opp the springwood hotel.i used ikes garage for many years and they did MOT and repaires etc,the petrol they sold was called CLEVELAND DISCOL and i also remember gordon their mechanic ,he was a really nice lad and nothing was to much trouble for him, IKE ANDDOLLY went to live just down ridgeway road past hollinsend road-seagrave i think it was called,i only went to their house once and that was many years ago so memory is a bit vague ,hope it helps you.

hi vanman,the man&wife who owned and ran the garage were called IKE&DOLLY but can,t remember their surname and they also had an interest with danny who ran the garage that used to be on the corner opp the springwood hotel.i used ikes garage for many years and they did MOT and repaires etc,the petrol they sold was called CLEVELAND DISCOL and i also remember gordon their mechanic ,he was a really nice lad and nothing was to much trouble for him, IKE ANDDOLLY went to live just down ridgeway road past hollinsend road-seagrave i think it was called,i only went to their house once and that was many years ago so memory is a bit vague ,hope it helps you.

thank you gadget man that is brilliant help i had jack stuck in my head but now you have sed the name it,s all coming back,thanks again