"Looking For Work Sheffield" - Facebook Group

I think this is a brilliant idea and when I need staff, if this is working then I'll certainly use it to find people in 2012.

Thank you! If only everyone saw what im doing this way.. Feel free to advertise your company and post any links to your websites on the wall. It's free! :)

Ah thanks, I'll not start spamming though lol, tbh it'd be a bit unfair advertising to people who are out of work anyway. I will share the link though :)

Spamming is moderated but advertising is allowed, its for everyone to use and you seem like a reasonable, non abusing person. Thank you for your input though. :D

Like I have said, had subways posted on any of the "Looking for work" groups they could have saved themselves the time of scrawling through hundreds of cv's, had a preview of the candidate and got a mini-statement from that person.

Besides that I think the fact that somebody with a degree is applying for a position at subways shows that employment is at a drastic stage.. I am only trying to help people. :)

Graduates have for years had to apply for all sorts of bad jobs - My partner came out of Nottingham Uni with a engineering degree to find work in William Hill, coffee shops and even applied to train as a hairdresser before landing in IT and staying there - This was in '96... I worked as a rec con in Sheffield for years, and graduates were the mainstay of the call centre world... They do tend to be motivated, and will work in any type of work that pays the bills, and so tend to be popular choices... That said, it was being a recent grad and being told by Jessops (John Lewis in Nottingham) that I wasn't qualified to wash pots in their cafe that saw me move to Sheffield super quick!

Actually hun, Facebook, LinkedIn and twitter are all social mediums in their own sense, why limit them to certain purposes? Not everyone uses facebook purely for social reasons, hence why it's becoming more and more popular for businesses to 'make a page' and why Facebook introduced a 'marketplace' a long time ago. If you dont like the idea then dont join but why not help your fellow man? As a social network why not use Facebook as a source of information? When job hunting people do not purely use newspapers or the jobcentre. Why not offer another way? :)

You're actually both right. Linkedin is a B2B social media environment, whereas FaceBook is a B2C environment. I differentiate them this way; LinkedIn for business, Facebook for social.

As recruitment crosses both media, FB might work for recruitment, especially as LinkedIn is saturated with recruitment groups and agents. However, if I was looking for work, I would not use FB...but then again I'm too old to want to work in McDonald's :hihi:

I'm too old to want to work in McDonald's :hihi:

Good job really, Steve. I could never look you in the eye and ask for a Big Tasty.

Good job really, Steve. I could never look you in the eye and ask for a Big Tasty.

And I'd put a big dead rat in it if you did :hihi:

Well there is a radio interview from myself on radio Sheffield today at 12:15pm regarding "Looking for Work" anybody interested is welcome to listen in and find out more.. :)

And I'd put a big dead rat in it if you did :hihi:

Ken Bates?

This is a great idea, social media is the way forward and i have made alot of useful contacts that have turned into work via facebook, linkedin, twitter - i get bombarded with cv's daily but i dont have time to reply to everyone especially when im not advertising any jobs. This is a good idea and i'll join :)

This is a great idea, social media is the way forward and i have made alot of useful contacts that have turned into work via facebook, linkedin, twitter - i get bombarded with cv's daily but i dont have time to reply to everyone especially when im not advertising any jobs. This is a good idea and i'll join :)

Thank you and yes, social media IS the way forward. Over a 1000 members have joined in just two cities, more and more are joining on a daily basis. The more people and company's that join the better the chances are of helping people find work and linking employer to employee!!

I would also like to point out that any existing member of the group can incite as many people they have as friends to the group without them requiring an invite, this means that making the group grow is amazingly easy. :)

Due to the lack of Job vacancies and lack of government help in our country's hour of need I have developed a new, innovative way for people to find work.

Members can help each other find jobs, leave reviews on work done and mass recruit for the larger companies, it also gives free advertising to smaller businesses and private hire tradesmen and I think this could be a ground-breaking new scheme for all of our country's citizens.

From private work needed doing, such as gardening or handyman jobs to full term employment contracts within major corporations. There is now the opportunity to get information from a large, local community. Every individual able to help someone else, whether they are currently working or unemployed and looking..

Potential employee's also get to post a little review of themselves. This is for employers to get the worker they desire without having to scrawl through 100's of CV's.. (They actually get to see a profile picture of the candidate and get to read a mini statement from the potential employee...)

For more information please check out the group on Facebook and if you like what you see then please ask to join.. (search "Looking for work Sheffield" while logged into Facebook)

If you think its a good idea but have family outside of sheffield then fear not as there is a group for most major city's in the uk.. Feel free to pass the word on.

good idea, but what about job agency’s in Sheffield, there are so many jobs in and around Sheffield its stupid. why are so many people out of work? because they can’t get the job they want and won’t get other jobs because it doesn’t suit their life style