Firefox 1.5 Released!!!

Downloaded it...... the spellbound spellchecker won't work.

Know anywhere I can find the 'libraries' for FF 1.5 vidster? :)

(I know you use spellbound)

Originally posted by Draggletail

Downloaded it...... the spellbound spellchecker won't work.

Know anywhere I can find the 'libraries' for FF 1.5 vidster? :)

(I know you use spellbound)

It's not supported at the minute Draggletail. I use it that much (spellbound) that i've actually re-installed version 1.0.7

The only other spellchecker i know of for Firefox involves installing the google toolbar. Something i won't do :?

Hopefully Spellbound will be updated in a week or two.

[EDIT] Anyone wanting to re-install Firefox 1.0.7 can get it from the same page as 1.5 (http://www.mozilla.com/)

The British version of 1.5 hasn't been released yet so they are keeping the British version of 1.0.7 available :)

Originally posted by vidster

It's not supported at the minute Draggletail. I use it that much (spellbound) that i've actually re-installed version 1.0.7

The only other spellchecker i know of for Firefox involves installing the google toolbar. Something i won't do :?

Hopefully Spellbound will be updated in a week or two.

[EDIT] Anyone wanting to re-install Firefox 1.0.7 can get it from the same page as 1.5 (http://www.mozilla.com/)

The British version of 1.5 hasn't been released yet so they are keeping the British version of 1.0.7 available :)

:hihi:

don't need a spell checker, it will do for me! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by vidster

Exept you can't get it from that page vidster because 'it' recognises that I have downloaded 1.5 and won't let me download 1.0.7.

*still having problems three hours later* :mad:

Originally posted by sccsux

Or, more correctly, loved by users who hate IE (for many reasons).

At the risk of sounding like a total gimp, what is the big difference?

I just downloaded FF on the recommendation of this thread, and I'm struggling to see a big improvement over my IE. Or any improvement for that matter.

Now I'm not technically minded, so really, for the user with no idea how these things work: please explain (in bullet points if needs be) why I should click on FF over IE when I log on. Where is the benefit???

(P.S - I know that Microsoft are lambasted for being too powerful, crap software, killing innocent puppies for fun.. whatever, so leave that argument aside).

Il start of with: its a quality experience, evreyday lazy browsing is hellped with little touches i cant even begin to notice, it feels good, which in turn makes you happy! hell it can even help you cook a perfect egg :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Draggletail

Exept you can't get it from that page vidster because 'it' recognises that I have downloaded 1.5 and won't let me download 1.0.7.

*still having problems three hours later* :mad:

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK

Originally posted by Deavon

At the risk of sounding like a total gimp, what is the big difference?

I just downloaded FF on the recommendation of this thread, and I'm struggling to see a big improvement over my IE. Or any improvement for that matter.

Now I'm not technically minded, so really, for the user with no idea how these things work: please explain (in bullet points if needs be) why I should click on FF over IE when I log on. Where is the benefit???

(P.S - I know that Microsoft are lambasted for being too powerful, crap software, killing innocent puppies for fun.. whatever, so leave that argument aside).

Less security risks, as in virus/hack attempts. This is not because it is any better a piece of software, but more to do with the fact that not as many people use it as IE, so virus scripters don't see any point in exploiting the weaknesses in it. However, the past year has seen a few viruses which attack Firefox, which is because it is getting stronger support from users now.

I will stick with IE myself. I like it, it works, and that'll do for me. I tried using FF in the past, but simply wasn't impressed.

My PC has been virus free for over 2 years now, and looks set to stay that way due to good browsing practices, an up to date virus killer, and a decent firewall.

Originally posted by Beakerzoid

Less security risks, as in virus/hack attempts. This is not because it is any better a piece of software, but more to do with the fact that not as many people use it as IE, so virus scripters don't see any point in exploiting the weaknesses in it. However, the past year has seen a few viruses which attack Firefox, which is because it is getting stronger support from users now.

I will stick with IE myself. I like it, it works, and that'll do for me. I tried using FF in the past, but simply wasn't impressed.

My PC has been virus free for over 2 years now, and looks set to stay that way due to good browsing practices, an up to date virus killer, and a decent firewall.

Agreed 100% with the above... Who needs Firefox when IE works perfectly well, and I don't get hacked or get viruses from it, the only time I get virused is from dodgy downloads off Limewire.

I have the main three installed - IE [and Avant], FF (0.7!) and Opera 8, and preferred Opera 8, as FF became a bit bulky, but with all the extentions around, I may see myself having to go back to FF.

Bookmarks don't bother me, as I have a page with all my links on - which, admittedly, needs tidying up, but is useful, and I have it as a tab open if I'm on the 'Opera machine'.

:)

Originally posted by HazyJane

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK

Thanks very much for that, HazyJane! Unfortunately, FF 1.0.7 now downloads a 'mangled' home page that won't work properly (tried it twice) so it looks like I'm stuck with 1.5.

FF/google toolbar with spellchecker here I come :D