Sheffield RSPCA

The Sheffield RSPCA is is a separate charity to the RSPCA. However they do claim to protect animals from cruelty.

The Animal Welfare Act of 2007 states that....

This means pet owners are now legally obliged to care for their pet properly - which most owners already do - by providing these five basic needs:

somewhere suitable to live

a proper diet, including fresh water

the ability to express normal behaviour

for any need to be housed with, or apart from, other animals

protection from, and treatment of, illness and injury.

This is a quote from the RSPCA's site.

Three doors from me several dogs are kept caged outside all year round. One dog is separated from the rest. They are left unattended for about 23 hours a day. The owner of the property does not own the dogs. He works during the day and spends most of his nights at his girlfriends house.

His son who is the owner of the dogs lives with his girlfriend, comes to the house once a day to feed and then walk the dogs.

The dogs understandably are bored out of their brains particularly the one that is kept on his own.

The result of this is that the dogs bark whine and howl for most of the day.

I am a dog lover and have owned dogs in the past and will do so again in the future.

What is happening to these dogs is appalling. They are being abused and this is animal cruelty.

The Sheffield RSPCA having visited the property states that it can do nothing. IMO this is a clear dereliction of their duty and mission statement and they should hang their heads in shame.:rant:

The frustration that this causes me and other neighbours is unbelievable. On the grand scale of things no big deal maybe, but on a day to day basis our community is being badly affected.

I posted about this yesterday and for some reason my post was removed. I have queried this with the mods but have had no reply so I am now posting again in the hope that the post stays in place.

Rant over I will now sit back and see what happens.

My experience of the RSPCA in Sheffield is again nothing short of useless.

Three times I have reported a dog as being mistreated, three times they have done **** all about it (on one occasion even going to the wrong address), and all they have done is put me on some dialling system so I now get two calls a day off them trying to sign me up for a charity direct debit.

Not happy :(

The Sheffield RSPCA is is a separate charity to the RSPCA. However they do claim to protect animals from cruelty.

The Animal Welfare Act of 2007 states that....

This means pet owners are now legally obliged to care for their pet properly - which most owners already do - by providing these five basic needs:

somewhere suitable to live

a proper diet, including fresh water

the ability to express normal behaviour

for any need to be housed with, or apart from, other animals

protection from, and treatment of, illness and injury.

This is a quote from the RSPCA's site.

Three doors from me several dogs are kept caged outside all year round. One dog is separated from the rest. They are left unattended for about 23 hours a day. The owner of the property does not own the dogs. He works during the day and spends most of his nights at his girlfriends house.

His son who is the owner of the dogs lives with his girlfriend, comes to the house once a day to feed and then walk the dogs.

The dogs understandably are bored out of their brains particularly the one that is kept on his own.

The result of this is that the dogs bark whine and howl for most of the day.

I am a dog lover and have owned dogs in the past and will do so again in the future.

What is happening to these dogs is appalling. They are being abused and this is animal cruelty.

The Sheffield RSPCA having visited the property states that it can do nothing. IMO this is a clear dereliction of their duty and mission statement and they should hang their heads in shame.:rant:

The frustration that this causes me and other neighbours is unbelievable. On the grand scale of things no big deal maybe, but on a day to day basis our community is being badly affected.

I posted about this yesterday and for some reason my post was removed. I have queried this with the mods but have had no reply so I am now posting again in the hope that the post stays in place.

Rant over I will now sit back and see what happens.

keep phoneing the RSPCA tell them if there not goin to do anything about it you will go to the news papers,the person that own the dogs want putin in a cage 23hours a day outside in this cold weather

My experience of the RSPCA in Sheffield is again nothing short of useless.

Three times I have reported a dog as being mistreated, three times they have done **** all about it (on one occasion even going to the wrong address), and all they have done is put me on some dialling system so I now get two calls a day off them trying to sign me up for a charity direct debit.

Not happy :(

I am so glad that it is not just me, though not glad for the animals that are suffering. At least I don't get the phone calls that really would send me.:loopy:

Its not animal abuse or neglect and neither are they being mistreated. That means they can't do anything.

As they've been and told you this already,what do you now expect them to do?

I think people need a reality check and what can be done and what can't be done - not whether they approve of it or not.

Report noise to the council.

I am so glad that it is not just me, though not glad for the animals that are suffering. At least I don't get the phone calls that really would send me.:loopy:

cant you go to sheffield city council and let them no

Its not animal abuse or neglect and neither are they being mistreated. That means they can't do anything.

I think people need a reality check and what can be done and what can't be done - not whether they approve of it or not.

willman it is neglect how would you like to be outside this time of year,i would like the RCPCA to remove the dogs and give them nice warm homes thats what i would expect them to do

willman it is neglect how would you like to be outside this time of year,i would like the RCPCA to remove the dogs and give them nice warm homes thats what i would expect them to do

Legally it isn't neglect otherwise they'd be shutting the council pounds down across the country and rescue centres.

As i said people should check what can be done in real terms and not how emotional they get about it.

would you like to be locked up in a cage all day all week all year?! I think the answer is no. They have feelings as well just like human and get depressed and anxious so y should they be kept like this??!!:rant:

This is your best bet.

Legally it isn't neglect otherwise they'd be shutting the council pounds down across the country and rescue centres.

As i said people should check what can be done in real terms and not how emotional they get about it.

errrr no they dont keep the dogs outside,there kept outside in the day not 24hours a day and if they are in a kennel they have heat lights

would you like to be locked up in a cage all day all week all year?! I think the answer is no. They have feelings as well just like human and get depressed and anxious so y should they be kept like this??!!:rant:

That not the point - for God sake read the posts.

The RSPCA is fulfilling it's duty.

You,me and everyone else may not want to live in a crate but the RSPCA cannot do anything else.