Chinese takeaways in Hillsborough

Does anyone have any view on these? there seem to be so many...Sang Lung, New garden, China Garden. I've tried the Hei Moon and the food is not bad, but they are not friendly...the ones on Holme Lane aren't great, so looking at the Langsett ones?

Hei Moon is definitely the best, but I think you need to use the restaurant to get the most from it - it's more their speciality.

I've always found the mother and daughter who do front of house very pleasant myself.

I agree Hei Moon is definitely the best chinese in Hillsborough, so tasty and full of freshness. Their prawn toast is the best I've tasted anywhere.

I've also found them very friendly too. Recently tried the Golden City on Holme Lane and the food tasted bland, dry and over cooked.

I don't know about Hillsborough but the one on South Road up the hill in Walkley used to be very nice.

Hei Moon is definitely the best, but I think you need to use the restaurant to get the most from it - it's more their speciality.

I've always found the mother and daughter who do front of house very pleasant myself.

Can anyone tell me if Hei Moon is a chinese all you can eat buffet, like jumbos in town? thanks.

Edited by tiger lily
spelling mistake

No it isn't. Or it wasn't last time I visited.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy!

The best one is Huang Lou Xing near the kfc at Leppings Lane end of Hillsborough. You can order through just eat online with them too.

hah, I am Chinese. Believe me, the best 2 decent Chinese restaurants in Sheffield are "Mandarinn (川粤轩, Literally means Sichuan and Guangdong Cuisine)" at London Road and "China Red" (满庭红) at Rockingham Gate. There is also a good takeaway in Crookes called Sun Yee. They are Malaysian who can speak Chinese.

We have lived in Hillsborough for 4 years now. We love chinese food and have tried most of them in the area. We always go back to Hillsborough Chinese on Holme Lane every time. It's the one with the yellow and red sign opposite the caravan/camping place. The people who run it are very friendly, the little girl who is often in there is so lovely, she may stick her tongue out at you though, ha.

Try the salt and pepper chicken, the singapore fired rice noodles, all sweet and sours, soups, mixed combination starters, chicken in blackbean sauce, special egg foo yung. They are all very nice!!! Would be very surprised if you didn't enjoy the food from there.

The food is tasty, not greasy, delivery time is good, £1 charge means you can order small amounts. Collection times are very good - your food is ready in 10 minutes usually. And you get free spring rolls or crackers if you spend over £12.