Fencing

Guest Daniel

Hi guys, I'm coming to sheffield to study this October.Was just wondering if anybody is into fencing in sheffield or are there any clubs over there.Is there any place I could get my kit sorted out?

Originally posted by "Daniel"

Hi guys, I'm coming to sheffield to study this October.Was just wondering if anybody is into fencing in sheffield or are there any clubs over there.Is there any place I could get my kit sorted out?

I have heard that the University of Sheffield has it's own Fencing club. I am not sure about equipment, I have not seen anywhere in Sheffield where you can get it.

The University of Sheffield has a fencing club. Not sure if any other clubs are around.

Swords and not the wood-and-post type I hasten to add!

I'm going to start fencing next week and I've never done it, so I was wondering if anyone has any tips? Or maybe wants to come along for a session to see what it's like...

It's at a school in Broomhill on wednesdays and it's only £4 for 3 hours...

You need to speak to Max

He does all that William Hague/Seb Coe business

At a club

He runs the club

on a Thursday - hence he cant come to our do

When I first came to Sheff, I wanted to try it and then fell off the idea.

Busy on Wednesday nights till June, but would be cool to check out after that.

Maybe half-term ?

As Belle says, I help run a club which meets on a Thursday night. pm me if you're interested.