Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

Fantastic woman, we could use her like today.

A bit pointless really. There's nothing left for her cronies to privatise, and buy, and very little industry left for her to ruin.

A bit pointless really. There's nothing left for her cronies to privatise, and buy, and very little industry left for her to ruin.

There’s plenty that could be privatised, education being the main one, if the private sector was involved maybe the kids would come out of education ready to work instead of ready to do more education.:)

There’s plenty that could be privatised, education being the main one, if the private sector was involved maybe the kids would come out of education ready to work instead of ready to do more education.:)

Absolute crap

What exactly would they work at?

There is no work to be had, after its systematic destruction by the Tories.

Youth unemployment is at it highest level ever, under this bunch of cowboys.

Why not just try and prove any of it wrong, or isn't that your style?

If he's like me, he just wouldn't know where to start with someone who denies Thatcher presided over an era of industrial decline.

There is no work to be had

There is a school of thought that says that when times are hard and there's no jobs, rather than just moping around, moaning about the fact that there's no jobs, you actually make something happen yourself.

Easier said than done I know; I dont pretend that I would have that spirit or big idea to create something, but is there no one in all the former industrial heartlands with some spark to create a new industry? or are they all just waiting for someone else, a capitalist, or the state perhaps, to employ them??

Edited by TheGuy

There is a school of thought that says that when times are hard and there's no jobs, rather than just moping around, moaning about the fact that there's no jobs, you actually make something happen yourself.

Easier said than done I know; I dont pretend that I would have that spirit or big idea to create something, but is there no one in all the former industrial heartlands with some spark to create a new industry? or are they all just waiting for someone else, a capitalist, or the state perhaps, to employ them??

I think we can presume that the young unemployed are made up of a fairly representative cross section of people. Like the rest of us, only younger. It would be nice if they morphed into a race of supermotivared innovators and brought the recession to an end for themselves and the rest of us, but I wouldn't describe that idea as a school of thought, so much as a fantasy.

Edited by donkey

There is no work to be had, after its systematic destruction by the Tories.

Youth unemployment is at it highest level ever, under this bunch of cowboys.

There have been plenty of job opportunities over the past few years but our unemployed aren’t as well prepared as their foreign counterparts. So we have mass unemployment and at the same time mass immigration.

Of course, since then during the years of labour control, they've spent all that time re-nationalising industry and generally putting back in place what "she" had allegedly destroyed.

Of course, since then during the years of labour control, they've spent all that time re-nationalising industry and generally putting back in place what "she" had allegedly destroyed.

Which would cost more than the country can afford and so is the reason it wasn't done

Which would cost more than the country can afford and so is the reason it wasn't done

Actually, to re-nationalise is quite cheap as you are dictating the terms and conditions (bit like a land grab)....so there has to be another reason, what do you think it is?