Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

It seems that way.

I'm yet to read comments written on here by by a Tory describing their hatred for other people, but the lefties spew their vitriolic hatred at every opportunity - then call Conservatives the 'Nasty party'. Funny old world.

Scum seems to be a popular adjective used on both sides.

Even the conservatives admitted that they wanted to get away from the nasty party image.

You take the experience of being labelled an idiot well within your stride. It is evident that you are accustomed to it.:)

Don't say that, it'll turn his non-free milk sour

There was no coal left to sustain the industry!!.........Look at how were are now with petrol, Bp making 400billion , and us barely able to afford to drive. Sorry off topic.......
and a tory gov not taxing them as they would a working man :loopy: oops sorry off topic :hihi:

There was no coal left to sustain the industry!!.........Look at how were are now with petrol, Bp making 400billion , and us barely able to afford to drive. Sorry off topic.......

We had coal reserves for 200 years.

We dont now, as all the pits are capped off and backfilled.

Also all the miners are retired, so we have no one with the ability to win the coal, even if we had the pits open.

Which area of Nottinghamshire was his pit in?

nail = head

Actually it wasn't, it was a cheap dig, and it surprised me that you congratulate it. Thinking for yourself seems to looked down upon in much of this thread - why people like this 'follow the sheep' mentality is beyond me.

Smith pointed out...

Nope, Yorkshire but he could think for himself, he didn't need the NUM telling him what do or think. He was always of the opinion that if every miner had worked hard more of the mines could have been saved, but we all know there were a good percentage of miners that did as little as they could get away with, which no doubt contributed to them being uncompetitive.

Sounds like a wise man. I bet he didn't sit around a dead community for 30 years complaining and doing nothing about it.

If it’s taking 200 men to do the work that 100 could do, then the price of the end product will be higher because the business overheads are higher, which could make a business uncompetitive.

The bottom line was other countries could get it out of the ground cheaper than the UK and the use coal had been in decline for decades.

Basic economics is wasted on some people, I would have saved my [typing] breath.

I loved the banner at the end:

"Give Youth a Future"................even more pertinent now.

Thatcher the Snatcher ....still destroying the aspirations of working and middle class youth.......30 years on!

Doesn't really say much about the great British people does it?

The human race wouldn't have made it this far if our ancestors didn't move on when resources no longer were worthwhile. :roll:

A lot of us wouldn't want to return to the rotten, wet, filthy, hot, cold job we had. Yup, the pay was good, the job wasn't.

Ask an ex miner what he thinks of Thatcher.

I'd probably still be working in that stinking hole now. 18 years on.

Thankfully I moved on. I drive a taxi now :)

I'm still on less money now, than I was then !!

Actually it wasn't, it was a cheap dig, and it surprised me that you congratulate it. Thinking for yourself seems to looked down upon in much of this thread - why people like this 'follow the sheep' mentality is beyond me.

Smith pointed out...

Sounds like a wise man. I bet he didn't sit around a dead community for 30 years complaining and doing nothing about it.

Basic economics is wasted on some people, I would have saved my [typing] breath.

Doesn't really say much about the great British people does it?

The human race wouldn't have made it this far if our ancestors didn't move on when resources no longer were worthwhile. :roll:

We should all take example from our beloved tory leaders and learn how to be millionaires at birth.

I would respect our beloved leaders if they gave up all their inherited wealth and began competing with us on an even playing field. Tories will never do this . They dare not as they would lose.

The clear policy of smashing the miners union. This was meticulously planned and executed and relied on the knowledge that Arthur Scargill would march the miners into oblivion like lemmings over a cliff. This was not in the interests of business or economics, it was for ideological reasons. Whole communities were destroyed and some still haven't recovered. Don't for a minute believe that Thatcher didn't know this would happen.

You're refering to the Ridley plan; that was merely a contingency plan that was drawn up in 1974 to counter any future union action after the Heath government was brought down by strikes. Thatcher put it into action in 1984.

Edited by TheGuy

We should all take example from our beloved tory leaders and learn how to be millionaires at birth.

I would respect our beloved leaders if they gave up all their inherited wealth and began competing with us on an even playing field. Tories will never do this . They dare not as they would lose.

I doubt they would. I like as little as possible of my money to go to them, and I'm neither a Tory or a leftie. Do you want your inheritance to go to your kids, or to the government for 'redistribution'?

I doubt they would. I like as little as possible of my money to go to them, and I'm neither a Tory or a leftie. Do you want your inheritance to go to your kids, or to the government for 'redistribution'?

Yes........................................

i'll respond later, forum is taking a mintue to open pages.. wtf is cas.criteo and advertising.com? I can't get passed them!

but you also want the rich paying as little as they can :hihi: ( cant have it both ways can you ):hihi: