Thatcher the Milk Snatcher.

Why is their no footage of the 1980 steel strike, which had much more significance to Sheffield than the miners strike?:confused:

Hmmmm ....I suppose they were militant too then.:roll:

So I work with people in a factory years / decades later they still feel too intimidated to speak the truth ………. Get real .

So if one of your buddies at work told you he broke the strike and worked, what would you say to him?

Edited by MrSmith

Hmmmm ....I suppose they were militant too then.:roll:

Surley their must be some footage of the scenes on Vulcan Road, outside Hadfields, somewhere?

I loved the banner at the end:

"Give Youth a Future"................even more pertinent now.

Thatcher the Snatcher ....still destroying the aspirations of working and middle class youth.......30 years on!

Edited by Pinderson

Nope, Yorkshire but he could think for himself, he didn't need the NUM telling him what do or think. He was always of the opinion that if every miner had worked hard more of the mines could have been saved, but we all know there were a good percentage of miners that did as little as they could get away with, which no doubt contributed to them being uncompetitive.
so when you father worked down the pit can you tell us if any what the unions did to make his workplace more safety/health wise etc :huh:

so when you father worked down the pit can you tell us if any what the unions did to make his workplace more safety/health wise etc :huh:

Lots I would imagine why?

Walking behind you villages banner at the annual parades, annual trip to the seaside, going to the club on a Sunday afternoon for pop and crisps, community spirit, days when you not only knew your neighbours … you actually worked with them ………. All gone and nothing to replace it.

Remember it well-it was dreadful in comparison to now.

But they've all gone quiet over there!

:hihi::hihi:

Maybe some of us have to work!

Until you realise what Scargills motives were, and how much he was being paid whilst the miners were on strike, how much he donated to their cause (zip) how much his grace and favour perks added up to, how many visits to his "holiday home" in Spain he had during that time. You'll never appreciate what the strikes were all about.

Maybe some of us have to work!

Until you realise what Scargills motives were, and how much he was being paid whilst the miners were on strike, how much he donated to their cause (zip) how much his grace and favour perks added up to, how many visits to his "holiday home" in Spain he had during that time. You'll never appreciate what the strikes were all about.

What has Scargill got to do with it?

I suggest that if you wish to talk about him, you start your own thread!

Kindest regards.:)

I seem to remember that the unions did a lot of posturing and made comments such as "this is the price of coal" when there was an accident. Scargill was good at it.........never heard him mention anything about safety in mines etc etc tho' Wonder why.

What has Scargill got to do with it?

I suggest that if you wish to talk about him, you start your own thread!

Kindest regards.:)

You can "suggest" as much as you like, petal.:)