Which was the best pub that closed in Sheffield and why?

ha ha good point - however the pheasant is till going strong, in fact its just had a mini facelift with cheapo beer too, bonus :thumbsup:

the one on Barnsley rd is now shut

The Blue Bell in Hackenthorpe!! I was tall enough (but not old enough) to go in in the late 70's and had some fantastic weekends in there during the 80's. Also the Mill at Halfway - disco down stairs at the weekend. Full of nutters and beautiful girls (the ten pints might have a lot to do with that statement) and a fairly predictable punch up in the car park at closing time followed by the mad dash across the border into Derbyshire for the extra half hour of boozing. Happy days. :D

the prince of wales division st, the royal oak at intake, the grennel mower lowedges because i was the best barman any of them had not forgetting the woodseats hotel when i was the landlord

The Woodseats Hotel,now an Indian, what a waste, I lived up Olivet Road, took a few ladies in there, memories.

Hi all - Is the Sportsman Inn on Barnsley Rd still open? That was a nice pub with what used to be nice back yard, it had a lawn and trees if I remember right. fleetwood

Edited by fleetwood

Hi all - Is the Sportsman Inn on Barnsley Rd still open? That was a nice pub with what used to be nice back yard, it had a lawn and trees if I remember right. fleetwood

No, it was empty for a while and is a Shisha Lounge now.

The albert top of Cambridge St. shut years ago due to bomb damage from ww2 now demolished, It was the meeting point for many a drunken night out in Sheffield in the seventies, great jukebox in the back room feeding a 4x12 cabinet it could be heard on the city hall steps.

Guest makapaka

The Hadfield at crookesmoor.

A great pub that had a little dip and never resurfaced - real shame.

The dallas bar (wincobank)

The number of times I pulled in there. whey hey.

No, it was empty for a while and is a Shisha Lounge now.

Thanks nikki-red Pardon my ignorance, whats a Shisha Lounge.

The Shoulder of Mutton Worrall when Bill and Rita kept it, still open but poor now.

---------- Post added 16-11-2017 at 11:55 ----------

Your right about the ALBERT great pub in the late 50s early 60s used to go to City Hall straight out having your hand stamped to get back in,met wife in the City go in Albert with her and her mate buy round of drinks packet fags for about 2/6 pence good old days.

The Woodseats Hotel,now an Indian, what a waste, I lived up Olivet Road, took a few ladies in there, memories.

...and the Sunday afternoon open mic/jam sessions.