Which was the best pub that closed in Sheffield and why?

Absolutely. Excellent pub ( The Albert)

"Far away across the fields, the tolling of the iron bell, brings the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spell":D

yer the cannon was a pub you could buy anything from a pack of fags to a farrari, i was in there one lunch time and 2 women came in selling ladies clothing dresses etc still with price tags and shop labels must have had a good wholesalers

Such entreprenerial skills are sadly lacking today.:hihi:

has to be the Woodthorpe on intake for me

ohhh i used to love that place when i was younger back in the 80s ohhh happy days

The Truro Tavern, used to go in there for lunch when I was at Granville college the burgers were absolutely fantastic, beer wasn't bad to say it was Whitbreads.

Also the Queen Vic on Penistone Road, used to get in there for 11 am then go to watch the match, needed to have a session in those days.

No - The Market Tavern

I'd suggest the Mad House (Hallamshire, top of Lydgate Lane) though

I'll second that. When Fixit had it.

The Mill (later the Joseph Glover) at Halfway, had many many happy Sunday nights in there in the 80's & 90's.

For me it was The Cannon. I could buy cigarettes, perfume, razors, aftershave and much much more at less than the price in the shops from there!

You could even order something from certain customers and within half an hour they had been to their supplier and got it for you at a huge discount price! Even Wilkinsons could not compete on price.:)

You mean you profited by buying stolen goods?

You mean you profited by buying stolen goods?

I had no reason to believe that they were stolen.:)

yer the cannon was a pub you could buy anything from a pack of fags to a farrari, i was in there one lunch time and 2 women came in selling ladies clothing dresses etc still with price tags and shop labels must have had a good wholesalers

More likely they'd just half inched them from BHS or C&A.