BIOS Password Lost (Help)

Hi,

I Have a Toshiba Laptop and the manual is for a Satellite C650/C650D and Pro C650/C650D.

For some daft reason I put a BIOS password in and thought it had not accepted it and next time I opened it and turned on a Blue box appears wanting my password, well I have put the password in I am sure I would have used and I am still locked out.

Can anyone help please, I am the owner and have reciept here in my hand.

How can I get back into my laptop.

THanks,

Colmax21.

Call Toshiba and be prepared to prove ownership.

They'll help you out.

Use another PC to download the bios image, transfer to disk, boot from disk to re-flash the bios (which should work without the password).

But I'm guessing the password is not allowing the laptop to boot and not just stopping them from entering the BIOS, so booting from disc isn't going to work

If the solution is shorting the shorting the jumper pads on the mobo - try this:

The trick is in the timing of when you remove your jumper wire ( yes I have used this method and it worked ).

Another shorting method is to hold your jumper wire on for about 20 seconds ( not tried that tho') - Good Luck!

you need Hiren's BootCD, its free an works

if you do take the bios battery out sometime it sets the password to user or admin as a fail safe on older computers but if the computer in later than xp then you will need to flash it