Why should I pay for prescriptions?

I would consider myself luckier if I did not have to pay for my prescriptions like 99% of people in the British Isles.:roll:

Ludicrous, are you saying only 1% of working people pay for their prescriptions?:roll::roll: - that cannot be true

So you'd rather have cancer than pay for your prescriptions?

If you can show me where I said that I will gladly bare my buttocks on the Cathedral steps on the coldest night in January.:confused:

Ludicrous, are you saying only 1% of working people pay for their prescriptions?:roll::roll: - that cannot be true

You should read it again and digest it this time.

I will gladly bare my buttocks on the Cathedral steps on the coldest night in January.:confused:

No thanks ;)

If you don't want to pay for prescriptions you can a) contract an illness that will make you exempt (like cancer), b) have such a low income that you are exempt, c) get pregnant, d) become a war veteran, or e) campaign to get the rules changed. Your choice.

ETA: Or, f) move to Scotland.

Edited by lolli_pop
Correction

CORRECTION!............they changed the way that they spent OUR money.

If you really want to be argue the point, as the South East provides the lions share of the UK's tax income, they are spending their money.

Well no, as they haven't received any extra funding for the free prescriptions, so all they've done is changed the way they spend their money by taking some money off it's health service to pay for free prescriptions.

I agree!

Same as free uni funding.All they have done is diverted much needed money for road/house building programmes.When elections loom on the horizon,the voters are sooo easily fooled.

No thanks ;)

If you don't want to pay for prescriptions you can a) contract an illness that will make you exempt (like cancer), b) have such a low income that you are exempt, c) get pregnant, d) become a war veteran, or e) campaign to get the rules changed. Your choice.

ETA: Or, f) move to Scotland.

It is not completely my choice. My gender does not allow me the option of pregnancy. Free prescriptions thus have a sexist element.:D

Hardly anybody pays the fee, and the people you know have non jobs, their jobs are pointless. What a sad way to make a living.

It's a very good and important way to make a living. I have to pay for my prescriptions and I wouldn't dream of lying and cheating about it. And if anyone else does, it's nice to know there's a good chance they'll be caught and punished.

It is not completely my choice. My gender does not allow me the option of pregnancy. Free prescriptions thus have a sexist element.:D

Oh fantastic, I had a feeling this thread could still go off on another tangent :hihi:

I'd move to Scotland if I were you.

Oh fantastic, I had a feeling this thread could still go off on another tangent :hihi:

I'd move to Scotland if I were you.

I could not get pregnant there either.:huh:

I could not get pregnant there either.:huh:

It's a cruel world, isn't it?

The Irish do not pay for prescriptions.

Irish pay £60 or so every time they have to see a GP

Irish also have to pay a contribution to some of their A+E costs

Irish on benefits get little actualy healthcare unless they have pre-arranged medicard or insurances.

Never assume the grass is always greener.