Weird discount at Jabu

Jabu, the hotpot place on London Road, does student discount, but only for Chinese students. Make of that what you will. Demand it if you go in, and tell them you ARE Chinese, and they'll cave. We asked in Mandarin and the waitress was pretty embarrassed about it. Bit racist though, right?

I remember going to a herbalist in beijng years ago with a mate who is chinese - They tried to charge me 20 yen more, and said it was for 'translation' - she put a stop to that when she pointed out that she had done the translation! She also pointed out that chinese students get free health care in the UK (as she had whilst she was here for uni) - they were quite embarrased to be honest and I paid no more than anyone else... If you see a group of students getting a discount, and you are a student too, ask for the same! Unlikely they'll not offer it to you too!

Just like Noodle Inn give free tea with each meal to Chinese but charge you if you are not.

Just like Noodle Inn give free tea with each meal to Chinese but charge you if you are not.

They used to, but not any more. I've not been charged for tea at Noodle Inn for a long while.

this is dead funny. Might crack out a fake birth certificate next time I'm in Jabu!

Sorry mate you can't its shut down. Was closed down by the landlord on Saturday.

The problem with discounts its China chinese people running these businesses these day. Its a normal practise used abroad, but then again its happens when you got to europe, we get charged more than the locals!!!!!

Sorry mate you can't its shut down. Was closed down by the landlord on Saturday.

The problem with discounts its China chinese people running these businesses these day. Its a normal practise used abroad, but then again its happens when you got to europe, we get charged more than the locals!!!!!

Not surprised. I thought it was rubbish.

This is not unusual ... I have seen the practice also carried out in some Asian shops ...

doesn't bother me at all.

Not surprised. I thought it was rubbish.

Have to agree, When it originally opened it was open by enthusiasts who really enjoyed sharing the experience. But after they left (4 owners in the last 3 years, still using the same name). It was run by people who didnt have a clue, werent bothered out just to make money.

Thank god they shut down......