Aston Park Fisheries

I fish the KJS snake quite a lot but last Thursday it fished poorly for me. Had a good day yesterday at Side Farm both my pal & I had Ide to a pound & half all day, we only saw one other angler so it was very quite, just how I like it.

there seem to be 4 or 5 numbered lakes at the springs end, some quite small, plus the main larger "bottom" lake i used to fish , i assume thats all the bits referred to as aston springs and then everything higher up (lanta, split etc) is aston park fishereis?

Chris,

There is a big green gate & this is where Aston Springs stops & Aston Park starts. Once in the first lake on your right is called Stable.

http://www.astonparkfisheries.co.uk/Resources/ASTON%20LAKE%20MAP_012-2.jpg

I fish the KJS snake quite a lot but last Thursday it fished poorly for me. Had a good day yesterday at Side Farm both my pal & I had Ide to a pound & half all day, we only saw one other angler so it was very quite, just how I like it.

where is side farm?

we ended up at norwood for a few hrs, some lumps to 6/7 lb and 2 or 3 big ide on the drop. also managed a bream of about 3lb on the drop 12" deep lol

To get to Side Farm, take the A57 to Todwick cross roads, turn left toward Dinnington, first left Pocket Handkerchief lane at the end of this turn left on Long road past the Strait Mile fishery, follow this road for about a mile & take the next right, about a hundred yards or so turn right on to Laughton Common road, at the bus stop on the left turn into fishery.

It doesn't open until 7.30, no real bait bans but for hemp. It's only a shallow fishery average 3' but the high pegs are a bit deeper at 4'.

If you do go don't throw any unused bait in, the lady is very nice but doesn't like this & I know you don't need to know this but take care not to leave any rubbish because she will remember.

To get to Side Farm, take the A57 to Todwick cross roads, turn left toward Dinnington, first left Pocket Handkerchief lane at the end of this turn left on Long road past the Strait Mile fishery, follow this road for about a mile & take the next right, about a hundred yards or so turn right on to Laughton Common road, at the bus stop on the left turn into fishery.

It doesn't open until 7.30, no real bait bans but for hemp. It's only a shallow fishery average 3' but the high pegs are a bit deeper at 4'.

If you do go don't throw any unused bait in, the lady is very nice but doesn't like this & I know you don't need to know this but take care not to leave any rubbish because she will remember.

thats a new one on me, cheers, might try that with it being close. had 2 cracking ide at norwood yesterday, wouldnt mind a bagful.

You probably know but make sure you dot your float right down & work your hook bait. If you don't get a shed full I'll write you a sick note.