Food of the Yemen

Is there anywhere is Sheffield that does Yemen - y food? I saw Jamie Oliver last night and it looked great

Candytown does Yemen chicken - it's lovely.

Hang on a minute, that might be a typo - it could be lemon chicken?

Fairly large Yemeni community in Sheffield..

try seafresh cafe in pitsmoor realy good yemeni food

Is there anywhere is Sheffield that does Yemen - y food? I saw Jamie Oliver last night and it looked great

There is a small cafe called al nassim in Burngreave opposite sorry house. If you want Yemeni food then that's the place

Fairly large Yemeni community in Sheffield..

Yes, Sheffield has the largest Yemeni community in Britain; good to see people taking an interest in their great cuisine. As far as I know, Felafel is very traditional to Yemen, and nowadays it is everywhere (e.g. Nourish on Pinstone St. does it). Some of my cousins once-removed on the Jewish side of my family are Yemeni Jews; such a tragedy though that nearly all Jews had to flee from Yemen over the past 50 years or so, and now everyone else there is having to survive the state of war in a country which has some of the most amazing architecture and cultural history.:thumbsup:

There is a small cafe called al nassim in Burngreave opposite sorry house. If you want Yemeni food then that's the place

telephone number to call al nassim?????

---------- Post added 24-09-2016 at 12:22 ----------

[/color]Perhaps opposite 'SORBY' House (Spital Hill) boysheff ?

Edited by stpetre
Add

It's a good question the OP asks...I don't think many of us think of popping out for a "Yemeni" of a night. If the only places that sell it are in Pitsmoor and Burngreave then it could be a while longer before many of us try it I think.