The Sheffield / Attercliffe Dolphins

Hello Sheffield Forum Members,

I am trying to find out if anyone has information regarding - The Sheffield / Attercliffe Dolphins.

It was a swimming team that my Grandmother ( Doris Hartley ) was part of in the 1920s / 1930s when she was living in Attercliffe.

I have tried to find out information but so far i haven't been able to locate any information, so any help would be more than welcome.

Sincerely

Jamesh2o

Hi, I'm sure that the Sheffield Dolphins swam at Glossop Rd baths. I used to go there to swim with them in the '60's, mainly because Jimmy Crawford was in the team and we thought he was gorgeous. I do believe he later had a number 1 when he moved on to the music scene.

I was in the Dolphins in 1951/52 but it was at King Edwards baths.

Hello Sheffield Forum Members,

I am trying to find out if anyone has information regarding - The Sheffield / Attercliffe Dolphins.

I used to swim with them at glossop rd., & if i remember correctly another place may have been attercliffe.

I left england in 1967 & it would have been around 1959 or so when i swam.

The guy who ran the club was a friend of my dad's & they both used to work at davy uniteds.

If you are still interested in the Attercliffe Dolphins - I have some info and a few pics.

Dear Val Hala,

YES I am still interested in The Attercliffe Dolphins and if you have any photos I'd be VERY grateful if you could email them to me at - [email protected]

Yours Sincerely

James

Dear Val Hala,

I do realise that you may have been VERY busy since you first offered more info and photo's regarding the - Attercliffe Dolphins, I am still interested in The Attercliffe Dolphins as I might find images / info about my Grandmother or Mum.

So if you do have the time to sort somethings out for me I'd be VERY grateful if you could email them to me at - [email protected]

Yours Sincerely

James

I seem to remember that Ron Rose was a keen water polo player who swam at Glossop Road Baths in the mid 1960s.

The history of the Sheffield Dolphins evidently goes back as far as 1907-08. Here is an article from the Sheffield Independent of 6 April 1909. :)