Opinions on the immigration of Somalian refugees

Mod Note:

The previous thread of this name was removed as it had degenerated to the point where it managed to break most of the forum rules. Please feel free to use this thread to debate the topic of Somali immigrants. However if this thread also degenerates into abuse, name calling, overt racism, and the repetition of unfounded and defamatory statements then it will be removed once again and this topic closed for discussion.

if anyone posts any negitive comment regarding the subject its automatically classed as racist and so it begins again...

I was never aware they were a protected species in the Uk rather like Red Squirrels eh?

Internetowl, the thread went on for a couple of days before someone tried to use it to recruit for the BNP.

There then followed a stupid set of bickering and arguing that left us no options.

Several users contributed valuable comments to the thread, but if we pruned off the BNP recruitment and the anti-BNP commentary we'd no doubt be accused of censorshop by other users.

There were numerous comments posted that were 'negative' as you put it, so please don't try that argument, because it's simply not true.

We've posted reasons why the thread was removed; if you wish to debate the issue sensibly, do so here.

The reasons why the previous thread was pulled have been explained and that's that, and that decision is not up for discussion.

Joe

I'd be interested in knowing more about the immigration process to be honest.

What the criteria is and if/how people are monitored. There are always loopholes and some people know more than others about such things and I feel pretty ignorant on this subject to be honest.

I do have a problem with some immigrants being repeat offenders eg. the Nigerian guy who had 200+ aliases and ended up collecting thousands of pounds in benefits. Ok he isn't Somalian but can't think of one that I'd be free to talk about just now.

It's obvious that the whole 'system' of immigration is in chaos - the ex-Home Secretary Blunkett admitting a year or so ago he had no idea how many immigrants were actually in the country. And he gave the impression that he wasn't too concerned about it. Just what is going on? :suspect:

There needs to be a national debate about immigration. ASAP. Giving asylum to those who are genuinely in fear of their lives is one thing - letting illegal immigration go on virtually unchecked (so no-one has any idea of who is actually living in this country) is quite another matter. This has potentially HUGE implications for law and order.

Starsparkle

I attempted to read the 'whistle blowers' book recently - kept falling asleep. Its no wonder they all sneak in - the poor staff at immigration must be in comas.

Originally posted by Internetowl

if anyone posts any negitive comment regarding the subject its automatically classed as racist and so it begins again...

I was never aware they were a protected species in the Uk rather like Red Squirrels eh?

There is nothing wrong with debating the pros and cons of the immigration of Somalian refugees, or immigration its self. What was absurd was the asumption that because 3 violent Somalians comitted undefensible crimes, all Somalians are violent criminals. Also the asumption that all somalis are savages is i imagine insulting to some.

It must be comforting for you to live in world that is so black and white. (An unfortunate phrase I know, and no pun intended.)

all immigrants should sign a statement when entering our country that they will abide by our laws or be deported back where they came from

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon

There is nothing wrong with debating the pros and cons of the immigration of Somalian refugees, or immigration its self. What was absurd was the asumption that because 3 violent Somalians comitted undefensable crimes, all Somalians are violent criminals. Also the asumption that all somalis are savages is i imagine insulting to some.

It must be comforting for you to live in world that is so black and white. (An unfortunate phrase I know, and no pun intended.)

I don't think it I ever suggested that 'all' Somali's should be removed from the country - I did say that the 'two' involved in the shooting are probably two we shouldn't have allowed in which I'm sure you couldn't possibly disagree with unless you're of a similar mind set as these two?

'As for the Black/White comment' - I see the world in colour - 20/20 vision thanks.

Originally posted by Internetowl

I don't think it I ever suggested that 'all' Somali's should be removed from the country - I did say that the 'two' involved in the shooting are probably two we shouldn't have allowed in which I'm sure you couldn't possibly disagree with unless you're of a similar mind set as these two?

'As for the Black/White comment' - I see the world in colour - 20/20 vision thanks.

Look up the word undefensible in a dictionary.

I think that the immigration system is in chaos as well.

Unfortunately this really affects the lives of a lot of immigrants and asylum seekers leaving them wide open to abuse and exploitation, for example the cockle pickers, or that young lady from latvia who was on channel 4 news last night after being trafficked for sex work into london.

People seem to think that all you have to do to claim benefits here is turn up and you get a house, and a car, and a weekly wage. I find this really difficult to believe. I can't even sign on and Im a young, well educated young white british person with a passport etc. I know how hard it is to get even rubbish agency work during my holidays (eg - "no, if you want to work for minimum wage you'll have to come back tomorow with your NI card, your passport, your driving liscence and a recently paid bill with your name on it"). I can't imagine what it must be like if you don't even speak english.

The reality for most non-Brits is exploitation, really poor living conditions and racism on a daily basis, and absolutely no services for those who have suffered sexual abuse, harassment or torture in their own countries or here in Britain.

It should be illegal for the newspapers and extreme right wing parties to lie about asylum seekers 'eating my swan' or africans being given 50 grand to buy a house. It leads to horrible racism and 'why do they get our money' ******** that just isn't right, and doesn't solve anything.