Where to find someone who can fix a letterbox??

Haven't a clue where to start looking for this one! I had an exterior postbox which was stolen (who steals a postbox?!) Do any of you good people know where I could find someone who can fit a standard letterbox to a upvc door and what sort of cost I would be looking at?

feel free to give us a ring for a quote,

thanks

:) ................... Edited by shao

:) ............ Edited by shao
Privacy

Presume the stolen item was metal ? If so I can think of lots of people who would steal it. They'll be having the nails out of peoples fences next.

tel no....below,,,,thanks,,lee.....:)

Fit one yourself its easy enough...........

Buy a letterbox cover, position on door, mark around it with a pencil ( not forgetting to leave a little surplus on side edges for bolt holes ), drill a 13mm hole in centre of marked position then cut out using jigsaw....cut to inside edges.

Surplus left on left and right hand side of cut out......offer letter box cover up to the section you have just cut out......lift flap and using pencil mark through bolt holes onto the door. Drill holes through door same size as the bolt holes in cover plate.

Put bolts in cover plate and offer up to door so bolts go through other side, get your partner to hold cover plate against door on outside, whilst you locate the inside cover on the bolts, screw on the nuts and tighten................Job Done.

Fit one yourself its easy enough...........

Buy a letterbox cover, position on door, mark around it with a pencil ( not forgetting to leave a little surplus on side edges for bolt holes ), drill a 13mm hole in centre of marked position then cut out using jigsaw....cut to inside edges.

Surplus left on left and right hand side of cut out......offer letter box cover up to the section you have just cut out......lift flap and using pencil mark through bolt holes onto the door. Drill holes through door same size as the bolt holes in cover plate.

Put bolts in cover plate and offer up to door so bolts go through other side, get your partner to hold cover plate against door on outside, whilst you locate the inside cover on the bolts, screw on the nuts and tighten................Job Done.

Make sure you get one the same thickness as your door as there are 2 different types. I got the wrong one and so the front and back did not lock together and so had to improvise.