Park Hill & Hyde park Flats Landing Names

Aye - I had the "privilege" to live on both Hague, Long Henry and Norwich in the 3 stints I did there.

2nd, 3rd and 4th floors...

It was not too bad...almost enjoyed it in fact!

Aye - I had the "privilege" to live on both Hague, Long Henry and Norwich in the 3 stints I did there.

2nd, 3rd and 4th floors...

It was not too bad...almost enjoyed it in fact!

I had the "privilege" of seeing someone on long henry,derwent and norwich lol!

Meanwhile, I am buying 1 Norwich Street. See another thread (I don't know how to insert a link)

My grand-parents lived on Chequers Row up until around 1985.

I was only 11 yrs old back in 1985 so my memory is a little vague.

Can anyone tell me if this block still remains? i know they demolished some so I'm not sure.

If I remember, Chequers would have been about 4 or 5 floors up? I can remember the BT yellow vans (Busby?) from the BT tower block just up the road.

Thanks

Shane

I thought it was

Bungay

Chequers

Derwent

Ropery

Cricket-inn

on the block that is still standing

And it's norwitch m8 that was my landing not Norwich Lol

No it isn't........... the correct spelling is Norwich Row.

I thought it was

Bungay

Chequers

Derwent

Ropery

Cricket-inn

on the block that is still standing

many thanks.

i might go up there soon for a look-around

I used to live on Lord row. My mum used to work at the dog track that the block over looked. I remember waving to her from the bedroom window when she used to appear from the ground floor. That was around 1980.

I used to live on Lord row. My mum used to work at the dog track that the block over looked. I remember waving to her from the bedroom window when she used to appear from the ground floor. That was around 1980.

I remember seeing that track on maps, but never saw it.

Does this ring a bell? I can't picture where abouts it was today. Is it that small industrial complex ?

No, ash. the industrial complex is on the bottom of hyde park, at the end of the long low block that's now clad in red and cream. the dog-track was on the top end where the new housing is, on Manor oaks road.

this:-

http://www.instantstreetview.com/2pj689z3dyetlz2n6zsgz1w

is roughly where the dog track was, beside what was the 1960s "St johns" primary school that served the hyde park and wybourn area.

The newish red brick building surrounded by the metal fencing is what was the old St Johns, Park church vicarage which stood between the flats and the school.

My brother lived on Rowland Row during the 1970s flat number 124 or was it 134? Can't remeber which exactly, think it may have been the latter. It was the second row from the top of the tallest block. We used to watch the dog races from the kitchen balcony

No, ash. the industrial complex is on the bottom of hyde park, at the end of the long low block that's now clad in red and cream. the dog-track was on the top end where the new housing is, on Manor oaks road.

this:-

http://www.instantstreetview.com/2pj689z3dyetlz2n6zsgz1w

is roughly where the dog track was, beside what was the 1960s "St johns" primary school that served the hyde park and wybourn area.

The newish red brick building surrounded by the metal fencing is what was the old St Johns, Park church vicarage which stood between the flats and the school.

Ah right, I was way out. I took some pictures around there in c.91 just as they were demolishing blocks, I'll did them out and see if I can spot from those.