New Craft Collective - crafters needed

I think that's Barnsley not Rotherham. Haven't seen anything that is specifically based in Rotherham.

You're spitting hairs now. It's literally on the borders of both Rotherham and Sheffield. The sign posts send you off junction 36 of the M1 but its actually closer if you get off at junction 35. Its just a few miles through Chapeltown (Sheffield), Thorpe Hesley (Rotherham) or from Rotherham town centre via Wentworth. If you live that side of Rotherham or Sheffield its actually closer than travelling into the centre of Rotherham or Sheffield. I used to live around that area and I still drive that route on a regular basis for work and to Elsecar HC.

I'd be interested to supply (although not necessarily to have my own stall at this stage). Is the group on Facebook (easier to follow than here)

You're spitting hairs now. It's literally on the borders of both Rotherham and Sheffield. The sign posts send you off junction 36 of the M1 but its actually closer if you get off at junction 35. Its just a few miles through Chapeltown (Sheffield), Thorpe Hesley (Rotherham) or from Rotherham town centre via Wentworth. If you live that side of Rotherham or Sheffield its actually closer than travelling into the centre of Rotherham or Sheffield. I used to live around that area and I still drive that route on a regular basis for work and to Elsecar HC.

I wasn't looking for an argument Cheryl, but it is strictly Barnsley. I have friends who live in Elsecar and they (and their neighbours) don't like it when its described as anything else. I do live that side of Rotherham and find that the town centre, sheffield town centre and wentworth/elsecar are all about the same journey time. Also it comes under different councils and therefore different rules for market licenses etc which does make a difference to the organising of events which this thread is really about. Rotherham council don't like giving out licences within a certain radius of the town centre.

The fairs at Elsecar are not organised by the heritage centre but by Newcomen Fairs Ltd. Some fairs are organised in the Rotherham area by Candice Crafts but there isn't much else on a regular basis at the moment.

Edited by Miss Tryphena
Can't spell

My daughter would be interested in having a craft stall. She makes hand made gifts and cards. Also my friend would be interested and she makes jewellery.

I wasn't looking for an argument Cheryl, but it is strictly Barnsley. I have friends who live in Elsecar and they (and their neighbours) don't like it when its described as anything else. I do live that side of Rotherham and find that the town centre, sheffield town centre and wentworth/elsecar are all about the same journey time. Also it comes under different councils and therefore different rules for market licenses etc which does make a difference to the organising of events which this thread is really about. Rotherham council don't like giving out licences within a certain radius of the town centre.

The fairs at Elsecar are not organised by the heritage centre but by Newcomen Fairs Ltd. Some fairs are organised in the Rotherham area by Candice Crafts but there isn't much else on a regular basis at the moment.

I'm quite aware of the facts. I have a friend who regularly sells at EHC. I mentioned it as someone asked about venues in Rotherham. EHC was the nearest I was aware of so it was supposed to be helpful suggestion and not the start of an argument.

Hello lovely crafting types

I'm planning to run regular (probably seasonal) craft markets, starting Spring 2012, in Sheffield. Also still planning to run craft classes (have hit major location problems this year) next year.

I'm after people to join the collective who want:

• To have a stall at the craft fairs
  • To teach others to craft
  • To work together to bring products to market

Let me know if you're interested. I'm just sorting the markets application out with the council, so the sooner you can let me know the better so I can judge how many stalls we'll need.

Cheers

Mysticmoggy

My daughter is interested in having a craft stall and also my friend is. Have you got enough people interested yet?

LINDA B.

Hello, I'd love to have a stall at a craft fair if you could keep me updated? I also teach some craft workshops so a craft collective sounds great :)

Hi,

I make hand made beaded jewellery, including Bridal/Prom jewellery.

I would be interested in a stall

Leanne

Hi

My friends and I am definitely interested in this please keep me in the loop, Thanks

I know of a few others who probably aren't on here. I'll spread the word as I see them and find out who else would be interested.

Hi there, I'm looking for local stalls to sell my handmade products at. I run Songbird Skincare natural beauty products - I also teach workshops and recently worked with Emma from Running with Scissors - we both had a great day and are looking at doing more events, please keep me posted on the stall opportunities!

Thanks

Melissa

Hello,

I run craft workshops and would be most interested in hearing more about what you have planned. I have stuff for stalls too.