Cineworld - Beefed up security

my mate works there, they have extra security because trouble is always caused, the staff get abused a heck of alot, and generally its a horrible place to be on eid.

he got called many things i cant repeat on here =]

my mate works there, they have extra security because trouble is always caused, the staff get abused a heck of alot, and generally its a horrible place to be on eid.

Actually there are rare occasions of trouble at Eid for us, and usually just one or two groups that get asked to leave. Not been incidents of staff taking abuse on Eid for a while, and it can still be an enjoyable atmosphere. The reason why we don't have trouble that much these days? The extra security to monitor screens and stopping people without tickets from sneaking in.

BTW: We also get similar activity around Christmas (when we have additional security all week from Christmas Eve to New Years day), and to be honest I have had more abuse thrown at me by Christmas Eve drunks than from any celebrators at Eid.

Actually there are rare occasions of trouble at Eid for us, and usually just one or two groups that get asked to leave. Not been incidents of staff taking abuse on Eid for a while, and it can still be an enjoyable atmosphere. The reason why we don't have trouble that much these days? The extra security to monitor screens and stopping people without tickets from sneaking in.

BTW: We also get similar activity around Christmas (when we have additional security all week from Christmas Eve to New Years day), and to be honest I have had more abuse thrown at me by Christmas Eve drunks than from any celebrators at Eid.

Is this meant to mean something?

It's in response to the comment by Snailyboy who suggested that this never occurs at Christmas or other holidays.

Or maybe it means that I just don't get on with people at Christmas :)

It's in response to the comment by Snailyboy who suggested that this never occurs at Christmas or other holidays.

Or maybe it means that I just don't get on with people at Christmas :)

Thanks for that, I figured it was around ticket dodging or something.

It was just the first time I'd seen that level of security in over 10 years, suppose I must have missed the other occasions.

Thanks for that, I figured it was around ticket dodging or something.

It was just the first time I'd seen that level of security in over 10 years, suppose I must have missed the other occasions.

Years back we used to have problems - and there have been occasional outbursts on the park over the years of trouble (3 years ago had a bad one outside the cinema) - but our security guys (we use a regular few who know the site inside out, and know a lot of the regular customers) do a fantastic job of maintaining a presence, and keeping the atmosphere welcoming and pleasant for all.

Ticket dodgers are a pain - and there are many tricks that they try to get past us. Helps a lot having the extra guys on at busy times so that they can keep a look out for anyone trying one on, or causing disturbances, whilst the rest of us can keep an eye on the general running of the building (staff levels, queue management, stock levels, etc).

I know this to be true as on 31st Aug every year is the day I lost my sister, and this year we went for a meal at burger homemade co, and my mum was actually quite scared, of all the young asian gangs walking about drinking, swearing, loud abusive, and on the pull !!!.

I spoke to one of the secruity men, and he said its the same all the time, at the end of these events, I don't think the elders know anymore what thier youngers are up to at all within thier community, and I bet they are not immpressed.

I think he means Eid Al Fitr, which is at the end of ramadan and took place at the end of August this year. The Eid which has just taken place is Eid al Adha, it was not the end of ramadan, it's a different Eid completely from the one at the end of ramadan.

That is pretty much it - there is 2 Eid celebrations and they are known as big eid and little eid...as the first Eid is at the end of ramadan which involves a month of fasting from sunrise to sun set every day. I am not sure on whether there is fasting involved with the little one but it is a smaller scale celebration.

They don't happen at the same time every year, they move to different months in reference to the moon.

Yes. That your Islamophobic views are wrong

I think the extra security was nothing to do with eid, but something else. muslims carry the can for alsorts, but surely eid related drunken violence can't be amongst them.

I think the extra security was nothing to do with eid, but something else. muslims carry the can for alsorts, but surely eid related drunken violence can't be amongst them.

agreed.

I think the problem lies with the amount of alcohol consumed.

I go to cineworld all the time - no drunkenness - the extra security was obviously for summat else (and not muslim related)