The Greatest Owls Players Ever.. Dead or Alive

Anyone heard of Ernest Blenkinsop (Captained SWFC to consecutive ltitles in whatb would now be the premiership and star for England)? My grandad always assured me he was a division above anyone mentioned here

Anyone heard of Ernest Blenkinsop (Captained SWFC to consecutive ltitles in whatb would now be the premiership and star for England)? My grandad always assured me he was a division above anyone mentioned here

Also born in cudworth ,the same as hirsty,must be summat in the water there.

Don't any of you rate Johnny Fantham?.

Great scoring record for us,but to be honest even though i did see him play,i can hardly remember him. I might be knocking on a bit now [ 52 ] but not that old.:D

1928/1929 and 1929/1930.

Don't any of you rate Johnny Fantham?.

Yeah i certainly did,hed be in my all time owls XI for certain.

If it wasnt for Jimmy Greaves,hed have won more than 1 full cap,he played 1 u23 game,and football league XI 3 times,hes also played in the FA XI in 60-61 and scored two hatricks one in the far east,think Graeme shaw was in the same side.

I knew John and his mum very well,both were friends of my old fella,he was a brilliant player.

1991–1993 _ Paul Warhurst

1990–1994 _ Trevor Francis

1991–1993 _ Viv Anderson

1996–1999 _ Benito Carbone

1984–1994 _ Nigel Worthington

Blenkinsop had the Sportsman at Crosspool a few years ago,well a lot of years ago.

My idols,Tommo and Wee Willie early 70s,Hornsby,Jeff King and Johnson late 70s,Bannister ,Hirsty, and too many to mention, Waddler my son always reminds my 1st words when I heard we'd got him,AN EXPENSIVE LUXERY,how wrong I was,the best player to put a blue and whte shirt on.

Edited by ukdobby

Blenkinsop had the Sportsman at Crosspool a few years ago,well a lot of years ago.

He was also the subject of one of the strangest transfer fees in the history of football £100 and a barrel of beer.

He was also the subject of one of the strangest transfer fees in the history of football £100 and a barrel of beer.

We are talking hull city here ,so not that strange.:hihi:

We are talking hull city here ,so not that strange.:hihi:

Cudworth got the beer so I agree.

I bet they had a reight neet in Cuddy club that weekend.

Edited by alex3659

Cudworth got the beer so I agree.

I bet the had a reight neet in Cuddy club that weekend.

Good job it was before hirstys days,nobody would have had a look in.:D

My Dad, a lifelong Blade supporter, always maintained that he was the finest full back ever to play for England.

Genuine praise indeed. :thumbsup: